Aristidis and Kanelis Studios

Posted by donna 
donna
August 05, 2006 03:13PM
Hiya, going to the Aristidis and Kanelis Studios from 14th aug 06 for 2 weeks, any one been recently, if so whats it like? lol and is anyone else going to be there around that time, going with hubby and 11 yr old daughter. any info would be great, excursions, prices in general etc thanks :-)
bj
Re: Aristidis and Kanelis Studios
August 08, 2006 05:26PM
Hey Donna.

I'm staying at the A&K with my wife from the 21-28th aug. Not been to mainland greece before, but from the sound of it from this site, it should be a really nice, relaxing place. The A&K sounds really good as well! Very friendly staff and locals by the sound of it!

I'm not too sure as to what excursions there are, but the thomson website has a good list of things to do there. [www.thomson.co.uk]

I'm sure we'll bump into each other in the bar or around the resort. I'll be the big feller with a dragon tattoo on my right arm - not as scary as I may look, honest!! :-)

Cheers, Bryn.
August 09, 2006 12:40PM
hi BJ

regarding trips ,,days out ect...

if your rich then book with thomo`s lol
if not book trips locally they are cheaper believe me

are thomo`s in Fourka then i thought they had been ignored by Fourka this year due to high prices to hotels for providing custom to them???

have a great holiday

can i recommend jimmys, yaimas bar and the Bella Venetian taverna in the square for food its upstairs and you get great views while eating and the soup`s free lol

enjoy JEFF
bj
August 09, 2006 07:31PM
Hey Jeff.

Cheers for the info!
I am very far from rich, believe me!! lol. We were planning on having a mooch around the local excursion places to see whats what. Can you reccomend any good/safe/cheap boat trips that can be booked from Fourka itself? I remember from other greek island holidays, always being warned off going with the non-tour operator reccommended tours as they were all uninsured or the people runnig them were pirates etc.. All rubbish im sure and all intended to scare the unwitting (me) punters into forking out for the travel rep's tours.

Cheers.
BJ
Phil P
August 09, 2006 08:43PM
BJ
If you go to the tour operator opposite the Yiamas bar and talk to Acheilis he will sell you the same trips as Thompsons you will be with the Thompsons crowd on the same coach /boat but you will be paying half the price.
good luck and enjoy.
Phil.
bj
August 10, 2006 04:05PM
Really?!

Outstanding Jeff, Cheers! I'm assuming good ol' Thompsons aren't passing on their extra half of the money to Acheilis? Bloody rip off merchants these tour operators!

I will definately be following your advice!

Thanks again, Jeff.

BJ.
Jeff fourkas mad dog man
August 10, 2006 10:10PM
hey BJ

sorry i didnt post as PHIL P lol

but i back up what he says about Acheilis hes a very good friend of mine tell him jeff with long hair and beard sent you to him ...he also hires cars about 35 euro the last time i hired one.
also if you can drive and wish to hire a car make sure you get a european green licence £4.00 ish from main P/Office its just incase you have a bump or anything the police out there dont understand our ordinary europian licence for some reason. better safe than sorry.

ERRRRM talking of pirates lol
there is a great day out where you go aboard ship are feed and ouzed and can swim off the boat and watch Dolphins ........he he he the Captain is MENTAL.

but saying that gives you a day to remember

say hi to Nikos in Yaimas and Jimmy and the BOYS at jimmys bar in Hotel Australia
last say hi to all my doggy friends in the village .....
yamas JEFF
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login