LAST MINUTE WEDDING PROBLEM _ HELP!!

Posted by John 
John
July 17, 2006 04:27PM
I have a big problem - today having had all my docs legalised by the Foreign Office I am told x Fist Choice Holidays that the wording on my certificate of no impediment is wrong. I do not have enough time to resolve it so I am after your advice as to whether you think I have a chance of carrying on regardless.

Our certificates of no impediments state the District and County as 'Hanioti, Halkidiki, Greece.'

First Choice Holidays say I need to state 'Municipality of Pallini, Halkidiki, Greece'. Do you think we will get away with this?, what was on yours?

I have been to see my Registrar and she says that she regularly does these for Greece and has never put it in the way that First Choice state. She thinks it should not matter. I would be grateful for your opinion.

I would be grateful for any help

John
Re: LAST MINUTE WEDDING PROBLEM _ HELP!!
July 17, 2006 09:00PM
John,
The lady who performed my daughters wedding was Rita Koniali and her e-mail is dimotologia@pallini.gr. She may be able to help.

Good Luck-

Lesley
John
July 18, 2006 09:56AM
Leslie thanks I will try and e-mail her

John
John
July 18, 2006 04:32PM
Thanks everyone, I think we have sorted that problem now as the British Consul in Thessalonika has kindly intervened on our behalf and spoken directly to the municipality in Hanioti and they say it is not a problem. So much for First Choice - why can't they do what I did!! Anyway anone having similar problems should go to the greek consulate site in Athens and contact the consul by e-mail for whichever area you are marrying in. They resolved this for me the same day. The Consul Sarah Edwards-Economidi is wonderful in my opinion and anyone who knows her please pass that on for me.

One more thing we have a translator but the quote is quite steep - £393 including VAT and special delivery. Anyone have anyone cheaper but reliable and quick please let me know. I believe thay have to be authorised and recognised by the Greek Embassy.

Thanks again

John
mj
July 18, 2006 06:46PM
Are you talking about a local transltor in Hanioti to translate at the ceremony? or to have your paperwork translated?
j
July 18, 2006 08:03PM
Hi there - I mean for the documents, thanks John
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login