ekies monor house - vourvourou

Posted by shaun mcguire 
shaun mcguire
July 07, 2004 08:28PM
Hi...has anyone been to this hotel..Thinking of going end of September....wil it be warm?
Shaun
catherine
Re: ekies monor house - vourvourou
February 09, 2005 02:04PM
Hi, thinking of going there too at the end of sept for honeymoon, sounds lovely. Yes I would imagine it will still be warm at that time!
kamen
February 09, 2005 03:54PM
Hi , very nice place. Perfect sea and nice weather in september.
Donna
February 18, 2005 01:12PM
Hello, I was wondering if you could give me some advice about Ekies Manor House. We are going there is June and it looks amazing. Where are the best places to eat? How much roughly should a taxi from Thessalonika airport cost? Thank you Donna
Leah
Re: ekies manor house - vourvourou
January 13, 2006 01:09PM
Hi There

Ive booked to go to Ekies at the end of August 06 for my honeymoon and would be really greatful to know how yours was? I read a couple of bad reviews on another site and it really worried me - as this is obviously a really important holiday, I want it to be a lovely place and as lovely as it looks on the website!

Any feedback from someone who's been there recently would be really appreciated!

Thanks very much

Leah
Alison
Re: ekies manor house - vourvourou
January 27, 2006 03:04PM
Hi, Me and my friend have booked to stay at the Ekies in July any feedback on this hotel would be great, as trip advisor had poor reviews. Also any restaurants/bars in the area to be recommened would be appreciated.

Many Thanks
Alison
Anya
June 14, 2006 05:59PM
Hi, we are going to the Ekies in September 2006 and we will be glad to read any recomendations about this hotel. Not enough info about this place in Russia.
Thanks,

Anya
davejack
July 04, 2006 01:56PM
I have just returned from Ekies (Halkidiki, Greece), having spent 2 weeks there. Personally I would've been happy with just 7 days. The hotel is very isolated, being in a rural area. With in walking distance there is only 5 tavernas (Paris, along the beach is best for food choice & friendly attentive staff, ditto Itamos) and a pizza house and one small supermarket. There is no bank or cashpoint, it will cost you 30 euros taxi return to Nikiti 10 miles away to get cash. Ekies I believe will exchange currencies. If you go here ask as much as you can think of, as there is not much info offered. I think there is an excursion around the bay on a sailing boat but we were'nt told about it.
The hotel itself is quite tidy, doesn't warrant the 4 stars Amatheus gave it in there brochure though, the pool decking is getting shabby as are the loungers, you could dislocate you thumb operating the jacuzzi, but the beach beds are very comfy if you can beat the Germans, general house keeping isn't like a palace but tidy enough (i'm talking patchy grass, overgrown palms, nothing nasty). The private beach is narrow & a little restricted. A small out board motor boat is available for private use to go to nearby beaches or islands exploring. Our standard room was more than ample with a/c, fridge , tv, hi fi, balcony, safe, mosquito net,cupboards etc. Room service was excellent. Our room was only let down by a very floppy shower head (fixed with bent spoon) and awkward to open balcony door. The site has a art decor look to it with excessive use of wheel barrow furniture & galvanised buckets, all told though this looks smart particullarly around the restaurant area. Here also is a late night bar.
We were only B & B, the buffet breakfast gave lots of choice from 7.30 to 10.30 am. A la carte restaurant on sea front looks very posh.
If you spend your holiday here, hire a car/bike if you get bored easily. On arrival (if before 11pm anyway) you get champagne reception and site tour. Also you may like to know there are camp sites awash ,including one right along side the hotel (obscurred with conifers, just the occasional dog barking)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login