Good food in Hanioti

Good food in Hanioti

Posted by laki 
laki
Good food in Hanioti
July 02, 2006 08:13PM
HI All,
please inform me of name of restaurant in Hanioti where u can eat good Greek food.

Thanks
Re: Good food in Hanioti
July 02, 2006 09:37PM

Hi Laki

there are lots of good retaurants to try, my best is The Old Tavern for greek just past the Pella hotel, or Pirates down by the church yum
July 03, 2006 03:30PM
Hi you will see we are regular contributers to the site having visited hanioti for past 16 years.
I have found many of the "upmarket" places in the village for Greek food are dissapointing - for simple fast type food (kebabs - burgers -souvlaki) try Kostas fast food - full plate meals are excellent value ( Greek salad in bowl - Bread - plate of chipe with salad and Chicken on Skewers) for 5 euro ! his beer is under 1 euro for large amstel. Zorbas resterant just out of the main square area is nice and rustic Greek - not too touristy. My only issue is that Greek food is served warm and not hot as we are used to - but when in rome ! (hanioti) . try a few places as prices not too bad. just a tip - when you see various salads on menu's eg cheese - it is not a cheese salad as we would think of it - it is a soft dip type cheese confection to eat with bread.

If you are homesick try the fab full english breakfast at the Central Cafe in the square - Tea or Coffee with orange juice - Bacon - sausage - mushrooms - beans - egg - tomato - toast & HP brown sauce all for 5.5 euro ! and your right on the square to people watch.
The central cafe also does other light meals - pizza - pasta & is a great relaxing bar especially in the evenings. PS the Indian just off the square is great too ! not keen on the chinese.
July 04, 2006 03:38PM
Yeah i agree with Steve about Zorbas, lovely food and the owners are aery friendly, another good restaurant to go to is Erodios just down from Angelo Hotel, they have a large menu to choose from, which can sometimes be a problem (can't decide which to have) and in the Square there is Tropicana which again has a large menu and very nice food.
July 04, 2006 06:02PM
YES NICOLA, WE AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT ERODIOS[ HAD THIS IN MIND BUT COULD NOT RECALL THE NAME- THE STIFIDO IS EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD- THEY ARE VERY FRIENDLY AND VERY OBLIGING.
TRIED THE TROPICAL IN MAY WITH GREEK FRIENDS-IT WAS OK-----THE BEST SELECTION CAME FROM THE NEW INDIAN MAHARANJ JUST OFF THE SQUARE NEAR KASSANDRA ROOF TOP--THERE WAS THAT MUCH,THE OWNERS BOXED EVERYTHING THAT WAS LEFT UP FOR US, THE FOOD WAS FAR SUPIRIOR THAN THE INDIANS WE GET IN CUMBRIA.THE PESHAWRI NAN WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD, THEY HAVE A APPETISER FOR 2 AT 6.50 EURO.YOU GOT THAT MUCH[CHICKEN TIKA, TANDOORI CHIKEN WINGS SEEKH KEBAB VEG PAKORA AND VEG SAMOSA, PLUS SALAD AND ALL THE DIPS-WE ENJOYED IT THAT MUCH, WE WENT BACK AND HAD ONE EACH AS A MAIN COURSE- AGAIN THE STAFF WERE BRILL-NOTHING TO MUCH TROUBLE.
LOOK FORWARD TO GOING IN APRIL FOR EASTER AGAIN WENT 2 YRS AGO FANTASTIC.

BEST WISHES TO EVERYONE
SHERRILYN-STEVE
Juliet
July 05, 2006 07:49AM
I would definately recommend the Meze, I went last year and this year and it was the nicest meal of the holiday yet again. It's about 22 euros for 2 people and it's very very nice, just make sure you go there hungry as it's VERY filling!
Juliet
July 05, 2006 07:50AM
Sorry just realised the above comment isn't all that clear, I was referring to Erodios, have a Meze there!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login