Noulis Studios, Polichrono

Posted by Steve 
Steve
July 19, 2003 07:21PM
Has anybody been to this place?
If so, what was it like?
Seen an alarming report on 'another' site which sounded like that family had a nightmare ... just want reassurance that the Noulis isn't some flea pit dive in the back end of nowhere!! We have only just booked to be there in a couple of weeks time.

Any help gratefully received!

Thanks
Hilary Lindley
Re: Noulis Studios, Polichrono
July 23, 2003 03:49PM
Hi,

can't give you any info on the Noulis apartments, but just to let you know I will be there on the 31st July 03, and I must have read the same report as you. I am also very apprehensive now. Have you had a ny info via this site? I spoke to the travel agent and they couldn't really give me much reasurance. Lets both hope that it's not as bad a sit sounds!

When are you going? If you have been and come back before I go I would be grateful for any info you can throw my way!

Hope you have a good time and don't get bitten
Brian
August 02, 2003 03:13PM

I have also read this report ref cleanliness and fleas. We (party of 5) have
booked last minute to go on 7 Aug 2003, I am very concerned and have not told the rest of the party about the report. I assume you have now returned, can you give me any feedback - would be much appreciated.

Thanks
sakis
August 02, 2003 03:27PM
I found this for you Maybe a not very nice one but:

www.holidays-uncovered

Noulis Apartments - Polichrono

Operator and Date: Golden Sun-Aug/Sept 2002

Opinion submitted in Sept 2002 by : Elaine Wood

Resort Rating: Average

Accommodation Rating: Poor

My/Our Holiday Opinion:

Polychrono is a small, friendly and quite resort. We found Hanioti a far better and cleaner resort. We travelled with Golden Sun using Exelairways, the flight was extremely good, we were impressed with the airline, both with the comfort and service on the plane (the seats were blue leather!). However our holiday was marred by the cleanliness of the apartments (or should I say the lack of it!) The oven had not been cleaned and although reported on or arrival nothing was done about it. All the bedding was in a filthy state, I asked for a change of linen as I was sure this had not been changed prior to our arrival and was given some that were equally just as disgusting!!! We all suffered flea bites from the beds and bedding and when we asked for a change of light bulb for the bathroom they smashed the glass globe, fitted a replacement the bulb and left the globe in situ with jagged glass sticking out and the remains of the glass shattered all over the bathroom floor. As for maid service, what maid service???????? Don't let this review put you off Polychrono was nice but Hanioti was far better.

I wish you a nice holiday in Halkidiki
Best wishes
Sakis
Brian
August 02, 2003 05:06PM
Thanks for article ref Noulis
Not what I wanted to read. I would like to find out more
from others who have been to these studios, is it still as bad? Has it improved or not?
emma
August 11, 2003 12:18PM
I've just returned from a weel at Noulis Studios in Polichrono, Halkidiki and had a brilliant time. Although the apartment was fairly basic, it was clean and had everything that we needed. When we discovered that the showerhead was missing on our first night, we went to ask for it to be fixed and it was done early the next morning- no complaints whatsoever! It provided us with the ideal base for our trip. (Fridge/Freezer, Hot water control, shower, sink, toilet, clean towels and bedding, pans, cutelry etc even a light on the balcony for late at night when its too hot to sleep- fans are available for hire).

Its not half as bad as some of the reports have made it out to be

Emma
Brian
August 20, 2003 11:03AM
Yes Emma

I agree that the awfull report regarding the Noulis Studios turned out
to be unfounded. The apartments were perhaps among the most spacious I have encountered after 6 previous visits to other parts of
Greece. Though basic there was always someone on hand to go to if
we needed anything, the owners had a room on the bottom floor. We
had, perhaps, the best supply of hot water we'd ever experienced over
previous visits to Greece, but you had to remeber to switch it on, and
off again. The apartments were located in the middle of town so did
suffer somewhat from traffic noise during the night. However the benefit
of it's location was that the shops, taverners and beach were all near by.
just a short walk away. Apart from the occasional Mosi bite experienced from some mebers of our party of 5, we were never bothered be any other kind of insects.

However, we were not impressed by the resort though (Polichrono). Again
in contrast to another report I read on this site, the local Greeks were not
among the friendliest in Greece, though not particularly hostile, just not
friendly. They were a little friedlier when they took your money, but the
service in any of the restaurants was not outstanding and to say the
food was the best in all of Greece is a put down to other areas of Greece
where the food is good. Our party tried 6 seperate restaurants during
the 7 days we were there, and none of us had a meal that we could say
was particularly good (one or two were ok) but not good. Dissapointing!

If we were to return to Polichrono I Would be quite willing to use the
Noulis Studios again, but it is not likely.
its a secret
ROYAL KOSTAS APPARTMENTS, POLICHRONO
July 04, 2006 09:20AM
i stayed at the royal kostas appartments during the end of june beginning of july (2 weeks) 2006 and here are my thoughts........

the food at the snack bar:
very basic, a hotdog, chips, omelette, cheese toastie. thats all they serve other than drinks and ice cream. prices for an omelette was around 3 euros. very expensive for small portions.

cleaners:
they do a great job they are so nice but cant speak english, partner is greek so it was ok.

the owners:
people seemed to have got on with alex but i find him very sly and sneaky, didnt like his attitude at all, didnt like him. kosta is a moody old man, he will like you if your greek though.
alex acts as though he cant speak english, dont believe him as everyone else has mentioned. alex walked into our room one day (opened the door himself) and jus came in (to give us the remote for the FREE air conditioning) we didnt have clothes on, ready for a shower......had to shout several times to get him out until he realised we were in the room. didnt feel safe in my own room thinking someone would walk in any time. how can you do that? and still run a business? they are useless no communication.

the pool area:
your not allowed inflatables but trust me, plenty of families had them. very annoying when not in use and just sitting in the pool. also the pool is tiny dont be fooled. theres no space to swim with inflatables. its not very clean water either.

*be careful on the tiled stairs, they get slippert when wet and you can fall, as i did. very painful.

the beach:
was great, full of locals. water is very clean. when the sea is rough it brings in a lot of seaweed you cant even see through the water. its warm and you see a lot of small fish in the shallow end its nice to watch them, i tried catching them.....doesnt work haha.

resturants:
most of them have decent food but not great. go to the blue and white resturant called 'AYPA' along the sea front as they sell great fish dishes (as its a fish resturant) the guy that owns the resturant isnt very happy, be nice to him.
also theres a side street to the right just as you get to the resturant 'AYPA' if you go to the end of that small street theres a very posh looking resturant thats also a hotel.....go in there its a must there food was really nice the best, not very generous portions but enough to fill you. the people that work there are very nice too.
the road that takes you to the seafront just off of the main road goes down hill slightly, as you get the bottom before you walk along the sea front you will see a small cafe, unsure what it is called. they have a board outside with pictures of the douughnuts on. they sell the best doughnuts ever, with melted chocolate and nuts on them, wow only 3.50 euros, well worth it because you get 5.

havent got time to write more but if you want to ask me anything please feel free to email me because i will be very honest and will advise you, many thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login