Sani versus Portos Carras resorts

Posted by John 
John
May 08, 2006 12:44AM
Which would you recommend for a family of five with kids ages 6,8 and 10? Looking for a great hotel with kid activities and traditional Greek town nearby for the true Greek experience. thanks.

John
Jane
Re: Sani versus Portos Carras resorts
May 08, 2006 07:28AM
Hello John again

Porto Carras is a very nice resort, quite expensive and I have not stayed there since the refurbishment a few years ago. We were going to go for a few days this year tagged onto the end of our Kassandra holiday but decided to stay in Thessaloniki instead as we think it is a beautiful city which we have not explored thoroughly yet, despite going for over 30 years and living in Kassandra for three summers !

I belive PC has lots of things to do in terms of seashore activities, boats etc. It is quite isolated from other places but there used to be a boat over to Nea Marmaras which I am sure will still operate. This is a nice town with lots of places to eat and drink, and some tourist type shops etc. The whole of Sithonia is quite spread out and not as busy tourist wise as Kassandra, yet!

Sani, is beautiful resort. Never stayed there, just visited as the beach is fantastic. Not really a lot to do there other than the usual hotel activities, but you can drive to nearest towns and further down Kassandra to visit busier places for the kids.

To be honest, with children that age I would probably go for Hanioti on Kassandra. I have no kids, so perhaps someone else will also recommend Hanioti to you too.

PC and Sani are both beautiful areas, but probably not busy enough for three kids of this age.

Hope this helps a little.

Jane
May 08, 2006 11:19AM
Hanioti would be the best for kids as Sithonia is still quite traditional, With children there is much more to do there, and there are some nice shops and a minature golf course haha, also you can either walk down the beach of hire a car and go to Pefkohori, or Kalithea which are nice. Pefkohori is quite quiet but very popular it's really relaxing and there are some nice places to eat, Kalithea is the busiest on Kassandra and very commercial so it may be worth a trip there also but i wouldn't stay there, bit too busy at times as there is alot of businesses in Kalithea.

Dan
May 08, 2006 08:39PM
Forget PC if you`ve got kids!
Yes it is very nice there, but......... not a lot for the kids to do.
Sani is better, with puppet shows and good walks ect...
I liked Sani when I went there.... very relaxing, I stayed at the bungalows and if I wanted night life... walked or got the free bus to the hotel....
They have organised activities, if you want to join in, or just take everything at your own pace..

www.outoftowners.net
The on/off line social club Greece.
Your not alone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login