Which Resort/September Weather?

Posted by JAM 
JAM
May 09, 2006 01:01PM
Hello, my girlfriend and I are thinking of going to Hanioti or Kalithea in mid-Sept for 2 weeks...

1. Can anyone advise me on the weather generally at that time of year as I've read mixed reports?
2. Which resort is better of the 2 - we like a nice beach, nice meals and a bit of nightlife?

Thankyou for your help!!!
Jane
Re: Which Resort/September Weather?
May 09, 2006 02:58PM
Hanioti is the better of the two I think, although the nightclubs are at Kallithea. However, a taxi between the two villages will not cost a lot and Hanioti has lots of places to eat and drink and is more reasonably priced than Kallithea which we find is quite expensive now.

Weather mid Sept, well we have five years experience of September weather, twice when we used to go for a second holiday and then from 1999-2001 we lived there April til October. So, based on that I would say the weather is really nice in September. The nights can be a bit more chilly at times, although having said that some nights were so hot we still used our air conditioning in September.

Really the weather can change anywhere in the world nowadays, but in general I would go in September again. The best thing is that it is not so busy but places are still open until early October. The sea is still warm enough to swim in right up til November/early December so that is not a worry. You might get an odd day with some rain.

In general terms, it will usually be much better than it is here in the UK.

Jane
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login