HALKIDIKI - AGIOS MAMAS MARKET !!

Posted by sakis 
sakis
September 03, 2005 06:28AM
BEWARE OF YOUR REPS !!

IF YOU WANT TO VISIT THE AGIOS MAMAS MARKET, PLEASE DO NOT USE YOUR REPS SERVICE AS IT’S A RIP OFF.
THEY ARE CHARGING 25.00 EURO EACH TO TAKE YOU THERE AND BACK, ON THE BUS.
4 PEOPLE STAYING IN ILIOS HOTEL PAID 100.00 EURO TO GET THERE AND BACK FROM KRIOPIGI.
THEY COULD OF PAID LESS THAN 40.00 EURO BY TAXI THERE AND BACK FOR ALL FOUR ( SANE MORE THAN 60.00 EURO).
I BELIEVE FOR MOST OF YOU IT’S A BIT TOO LATE NOW BUT PLEASE - PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS,
NOT TO USE THAT SERVICE FROM YOUR REPS AS IT’S REALLY A RIP-OFF. (AS MOST OF THE EXCURSIONS THEY ADVERTISE)
WE WANT TO LOOK AFTER OUR HOLIDAY MAKER, THOSE ARE VISITING HALKIDIKI AND WE WANT THEM
TO COME BACK AGAIN AND AGAIN WITHOUT SPENDING A FORTUNE ON REPS COMMISSION !!

HAVE A GREAT TIME IN HALKIDIKI.
SAKIS
Chris
Re: HALKIDIKI - AGIOS MAMAS MARKET !!
September 03, 2005 09:00AM
The reps are only doing their job. Their tour operator put pressure on them to reach (often unrealistic) targets, so don't go heavy on the poor reps. At the end of the day, local agents may offer a cheaper service, but often you have to read the small print on your insurance to make sure you are covered. I understand your point in wanting to save tourists money, but having a daughter who is a rep, I know for sure that she hates the bit about trying to reach targets set for booking of trips. And for the record, her commision is a pittance from her tour operator, so much so, that its not worth all her hassle, plugging trips. So please spare them a thought occasionally.
sakis
HOLIDAY RIP OFF !!
September 03, 2005 10:06AM

Sorry Chris but I believe you got it wrong !!
There is nothing to do with the reps or with your daughter but with the Tour operators and the games they are
playing against the small business ,trying to put off people using those services, telling them a lot of lies
about the insurance, the coaches, the boats, restaurants, bars, the car hire etc etc, more than less something
that you’ ve done on your post ( local agents may offer a cheaper service, but often you have to read the
small print on your insurance to make sure you are covered )
This exactly what I meant when I said its’s a ripoff from the reps!!1
They try to scare the holidaymakers by saying all those lies!!!
So I’m off now going to give a car now for 7 days for 233.00 euro, and this is with ALL THE INSURANCES AND THERE IS NO SMALL PRINTING !!! when the same car with your daughter’s company
costs 368.00 euro or MORE!!!
Regards
Sakis
Jane
Re: HOLIDAY RIP OFF !!
September 03, 2005 01:59PM
I agree with Sakis having visited Halkidiki for over 25 years. We did ALL the tours the first couple of times. Many years later down the road, we did a couple again that were of particular interest historically and we went with local companies. Much cheaper, yes you are insured whatever the reps say, and English commentary.

Car hire too. We used one from the airport as we did not realise Sakis did cars to the airport, or we would have used him as our family did when they visited us when we were living there. Cheap, friendly and fully insured, which we had used Sakis this year for the three weeks. Never mind, we know next time.

The only reps I know that dont have to work for a commission are for companies likes Laskerina where they are paid a proper salary and they look after you. Unfortunately Laskerina do not go to Halkidiki.

Use local companies I say, EVERY TIME
Chris
September 03, 2005 06:11PM
When you go to a place for the first time, most people will use tour company's trips. When you know your way around that place, you will go under your own steam,so what's the problem. Sakis knows better what he can provide and good for him but my point is that the reps are only giving the blah which their parent company tell them to sell. It doesn't make it wrong, because just as Sakis believes in the service he can provide, then the tour companies also believe they are giving a good service. I now go to places of interest or tours by public transport or local agents, but I am older and more confident to do so. I am just saying do not always slate the reps. And I have always felt like that, not just coincidentally because my daughter has become one this year.
Sue
September 07, 2005 01:40PM
Hello,
Is that Sakis Manolis?Its Sue here,ex Thomson Rep,I hope I never used
to rip people off!
Sue (Liverpool)
jeff fourkas mad dog man
Re: HALKIDIKI - AGIOS MAMAS MARKET !!
February 16, 2006 09:56PM
sue?????????

are u the blonde sue who worked for Natasa an Nikos in fourka ??????????

please reply if its you

jeff

hubby to the wee scots lady Kath
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login