Oceania Club, Nea Moudania

Posted by Tracey 
Tracey
August 31, 2004 09:01PM
Has anyone visited or got any information on this hotel. Thinking of going next year but the only info I can find is on First Choice and Thomson's website.

Many Thanks.
michael pannett
Re: Oceania Club, Nea Moudania
September 11, 2004 11:14PM
Hi, like you am trying to find out more. However i have booked a suite there next August!! If you find out more let me know....
joo9
September 13, 2004 05:58PM
Hi

We fancy this hotel too - I spotted it at the weekend - not much info like you say, probably because it's new - I'm getting some prices on Wednesday - Halkidiki is very nice, we've been to Sani, the resort is quite near to there. Think the Hotel looks nice - let me know your thoughts and any info you find.

J.
joo9
September 13, 2004 06:02PM
Hi

Just noticed your posting (didn't look properly!) It's a suite we would be booking too, myself, husband, 2 daughters 11 and 14 (next year) if you don't mind would you let me know who you booked with, I can only find the suites in First Choice (we too are going August next year - the 11th I think). Also do you know much about All Inclusive, I have heard you can compromise on food a little, how true is this? although the Hotel is supposed to be 5* I would appreciate your thoughts.

J
Tracey
September 14, 2004 02:18PM
Still haven't found out any more info except about the kids clubs but think I will book over the next week or so. Who did you book through, just so I can make sure I'm getting the best deal. Thanks. Tracey.
michael pannett
October 10, 2004 07:35PM
booked via firstchoice. much cheeper than thomsons.
Stewmac
October 12, 2004 07:54PM
This hotel is a new complex part of the sani group nearby. I got a great reply below from their info dept in greece. Booked up mid August through First Choice - over a grand cheaper for a family of five!!

Thank you for your kind e-mail and your interest in Oceania Club.
Regarding your questions about the new hotel, we are pleased to inform you that :

The Oceania Club is a new resort, built in a luxurious, contemporary Mediterranean style, inspired by local architectural traditions, due to open 27th April 2005. It is located on a beautiful amphitheatric location surrounded by pines, olive groves and cypress trees, leading to a golden long sandy beach.
All spacious, beautifully decorated in marine style rooms, suites and public areas have wonderful views over the Aegean Sea and Mount Olympus. The traditional town of Nea Moudania with its harbor, tavernas, cafes and bars is a 10 min. walk away (1000m). The distance from the Thessaloniki Airport is 50km (40 min. by bus).
Oceania Club is managed by the well-known Sani Resort. Sani will apply to the Oceania Club, its well-established standards of quality, service, entertainment, design and lifestyle to develop a new five-star ultra all-inclusive concept for Greece starting with this wonderful property.
I ROOMS: 297 rooms I ARCHITECTURE: 1 main building – 5 room wings I FLOORS: 3 I LIFTS: 10 I
A web site address will be announced during the following months, when also a brochure will be printed.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you in our new hotel,

Best regards,

Tania Papagregoriou
Sales and Marketing Department
Sani Resort
Tel. 0030 23740 99510
Fax.0030 23740 99508
e-mail: info@saniresort.gr
Geoff P
October 14, 2004 07:26PM
I've also booked through First Choice for June.

I got a similar reply from the Sani Resort people. The only additional info was that the web site of the Oceania Club currently under construction will be under the domain name of www.oceaniaclub.gr
Fiona Craik
October 27, 2004 11:01AM
We have just booked this hotel for next August.has anyone found out difference between deluxe and ordinary junior suite.This will be are first time in Greece so not sure what to expect.
Fiona C
October 29, 2004 03:01PM
Just to update you about oceania club.Just recieved email back from hotel.They have included a 4 page attachment with information about facilities and rooms.Including room sizes.
double rooms are 30 m2
Junior siutes 35m2
deluxe junior suites 40ms
suite 48m2
deluxe junior suites 55 ms

Also al carte resturants italian,Asian and Greek are included.As well as mimibars in room.
Chris Pugh
November 22, 2004 02:49PM
Hi, have booked my family of four through First Choice for two weeks from 11th August next year, this was hundreds and hundreds of pounds cheaper than Thompson, the only other company doing this hotel. We booked online at the first choice site, got a further very nice discount which try as they might ( and believe me they really did try!) none of the local travel agents could get anywhere near let alone match.
We always go all inclusive and our experiences have varied from absolutly wonderful to downright poor. We've found that if a hotel does nothing but all inclusive it tends to be better all round food wise. If, however, they do half-board as well these customers seem to get better treatment and better food. We have found that allowing for water/alcohol/ice cream consumption in addition to food, we always manage to get value for money,especially with hulking great teenagers in tow! Its a bit of a gamble trying a hotel thats not even built yet but it reads well and the area is supposed to be lovely according to people we know who have been.Lets hope by August they will have ironed out all the wrinkles eh? See you there!
Chris Pugh
November 22, 2004 02:51PM
Hi, have booked my family of four through First Choice for two weeks from 11th August next year, this was hundreds and hundreds of pounds cheaper than Thompson, the only other company doing this hotel. We booked online at the first choice site, got a further very nice discount which try as they might ( and believe me they really did try!) none of the local travel agents could get anywhere near let alone match.
We always go all inclusive and our experiences have varied from absolutly wonderful to downright poor. We've found that if a hotel does nothing but all inclusive it tends to be better all round food wise. If, however, they do half-board as well these customers seem to get better treatment and better food. We have found that allowing for water/alcohol/ice cream consumption in addition to food, we always manage to get value for money,especially with hulking great teenagers in tow! Its a bit of a gamble trying a hotel thats not even built yet but it reads well and the area is supposed to be lovely according to people we know who have been.Lets hope by August they will have ironed out all the wrinkles eh? See you there!
annette
November 30, 2004 06:43PM
I have just booked this hotel for my family and myself for next august, but i have booked mine with seperate flights, accomodation and transfers and it's alot cheaper to do it that way than with a package holiday.
I work from home selling holidays off the teletext and we get some great deals from hotels like this through our accomodation agents. If you would like a quote for this or any other accomodation with transfers and flights you can email me on; annettedenby@holidaycity.co.uk and i will get back to you with the best possible price.
Amanda
December 11, 2004 11:31PM
Hi Fiona

Cannot find the web site for ther hotel as I think it is still under construction (website as well as hotel!). Do you have the e-mail address? If this hotel is like Sani it will be wonderful, we stayed at Porto Sani Village in June and found it to be the best hotel / complex we have ever stayed at in Europe. We have been looking in the brochures for the past couple of months looking for somewhere like Sani and just heard today of this new hotel so really want some more info. If its to be finished April I am concerened that things may not be 100% complete when we are thinking of going in June?

Anyway any info would be greatly appreciated.

Amanda
Fiona C
December 12, 2004 10:27PM
Hi Amanda

I orginally just emailed to the sani resort for information.On the return email the email address was itioupala@sanirsort.gr

They were very helpful and sent an attachment with information about hotel.It is due to open in April.We are going in school holidays.
They were quick at replying ,I think 1 day.From the information they sent it sounds impressive.Also it is going to be utra all inclusive.Three al carte res and buffet rest.Junior deluxe and deluxe suites have access to private pool.

Fiona
Ellie
December 14, 2004 09:01AM
Hi Fiona

We are three sisters with three teenagers booked up for July as we have a Greek Wedding to go to then. Booked with First Choice . Everything does look very impressive so heres hoping its going to be a good one!

Ellie
john/maria
December 14, 2004 03:17PM

Hi Ellie,

We've booked through First Choice for August 11th 2005 for two weeks in a junior suite.The hotel sounds great ,we have two sons one 6yrs and one 11yrs, I'm hoping for a good standard of activities from the kid's clubs, so Mum and dad can relax. I thought it was built as there is a picture in the brochure? Hope your holiday is great, I know we are really looking forward to it !!

John and Maria
Ellie
December 14, 2004 04:00PM
Hi John/ Maria

I was told by first choice that it is not an artists impression but an actual photograph so it is more than likely that it is or will be finished by the time we go. The lady my Brother is marrying in July is from near Thessalonka and she is going home before the wedding to make arrangements so she says she will have a look for us. Will keep you posted.
Stuart
December 18, 2004 10:25AM
Hello all...
I've just booked a week in late June (Christmas present for wife).
I didn't realise that it was only opening in April!
Hopefully the prices are so low to attract initial customers, they vary to such an extent that someone has gone wrong.
If it lives up to it's billing then we should all have a bargain in 2005 as the prices will leap up for 2006.
Fingers crossed, have a great time.
paula
December 18, 2004 10:38AM
sounds fantastic
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.