Villa Panorama

Villa Panorama

Posted by Emma 
Emma
Villa Panorama
August 11, 2005 01:24PM
Has anypne been to villa panorama appartments in polichrono? Is is any good?
julie middleton
Re: Villa Panorama
August 13, 2005 03:23PM
Have just come back from villa panorama apt's and they are really nice.
The only setback is that it's situated on top of a hill which you have to walk up and it's nicknames "cardiac hill" !!!!!
The pool and staff are lovely.
Try out the cockney cafe - amazing!!!
Jenny Williams
August 15, 2005 10:08AM
I've not been yet, but I'm going there on the 24th, so I'll let you know what I think when I get back!

When are you going, Emma?
scott
August 16, 2005 02:43PM
just about to go for the third time ,very clean, friendly ,only problem top of a mountain,they say it,s hill .try flegras for dinner on the sea front it,s good
Emma
August 16, 2005 02:54PM
Ahh thank u im so excited i havnt been on holiday for so long! is it good there for shopping?
Lesley
August 27, 2005 11:03PM
Hi

I went there for two weeks this June and had a fantastic time.

The hill is hard work but you get used to it.

The apartments are really good, the pool fab and the owners and staff are really lovely. I would highly reccomend.

Try Summer Garden in the town for dinner, really friendly staff and an extensive menu - the food is delicious and really well priced.

Can you ask the owners/staff which travel company they are going to be with next year as I am trying to book and go back but cannot find them with Thomson or Thomas Cook in any of the Summer 2006 brochures/online.

Thanks
Zoe
September 05, 2005 11:03AM
About to stay at Villa Panorama (Sept '05). Someone asked which brochure it's in. It's not in the main Thomson brochure it's in a brochure called "Just holidays". Hope this helps.
Jenny Williams
September 12, 2005 08:50PM
Well, I'm back, and I had a fantastic time! I'm so jealous of Emma and Zoe as I wish I was going back there already....

First off, don't worry about the hill, it really isn't so bad at all, and by the second week I wasn't even out of breath by the top. It's quite a gentle gradient, and even if you do get a bit short of breath, the view from the appartments more than makes up for it!

The family who run the Villa Panorama are extremely hardworking and very friendly - treat them with respect and they'll be really sweet to you. You can get a limited (but yummy!) range of food all day at the bar - toasties, 'bloody chips' (you'll understand when you get there!), pizzas and the most delicious Greek salad I've ever tasted.

The apartments are basic, but no more so than any others I've ever stayed in. They're clean and, in my opinion, spacious.

There are a few wasps about, but they're pretty docile - I did get stung once because I accidentally sat on one, and to be honest I didn't even feel it - I only knew it had happened because I saw a tiny red mark on my leg and a groggy-looking wasp crawling out from under me....

Emma, you asked about shopping - well, it really depends what you want - you could easily spend half a day mooching around the shops in Polychrono, they mostly sell beach stuff etc, but some do sell clothes, jewellery and the like. Otherwise there's always Hanioti a short cab ride away (not my cup of tea, but worth a visit I suppose, and some people like it as it's busier than Polychrono). I believe you can also book trips to Thessaloniki or to some markets, but I can't advise on these as I didn't bother winking smiley

If you want gorgeous food for next to no money, you have to try George's restaurant (ask at the Villa Panorama bar as I think George is a mate of theirs and they have cards there for the restaurant) - it's down one of the side streets but not too hard to find. We got a starter and main course each, plus beer, for about £6 each, plus they gave us free cake and ouzo! Another one we particularly liked was Kleanthis on the sea front - lovely quality and friendly waiters.

If you want a nice chilled-out bar, particularly for a sandwich and liquid refreshment on a lazy afternoon, head down to the Nemo Appartments (face the sea, turn left and keep going until the resort almost runs out, and it's on the sea front) - their bar is lovely and they have a really gorgeous dog (and I don't even LIKE dogs!!).

Anything else you'd like to know, give me a shout, and I'll try to help. You might have to smuggle me in your suitcase though....
Jenny Williams
September 12, 2005 09:00PM
almost forgot....

you have GOT to try the bakery - cross over the main road and carry on down to the sea, it's on the right about half way down, with a big yellow sign.

We bought cakes from there each evening on the way back to the apartments, and had them for the breakfast the next day. And with the hill you can even justify pigging out!
Hermione
September 21, 2005 07:09PM
I Stayed there about four years ago and i thought it was really good for a short break but i wouldnt wish to spend more than a week there because although the coast is stunning there's not much else to do there.
The apartments were pretty basic but no more than you would expect for the prices. And i dont see what all the fuss is about the hill if anything it's an advantage because you get the best of that fantastic view.
Also the family who run the hotel are very feindly and laid back. Does anyone know if the young greek boy is still living there with his parents?, i suspect he's verging eighteen now. The only thing that did shock me was the occasional goat walking round the pool which had wandered in from the local farm however they were soon ushered ou. Any way anyone planning to visit i'm sure you'll have as lovelier time as i did.
Emma
September 28, 2005 02:02PM
Hi Zoe

I got back from Villa Panorama on monday they are not with thomson next season they are just doing it privately!!
kerrie
October 18, 2005 03:43PM
i got back from there on 28th september. it was my second year there. absolutely love the place. i know they not in brochure next year. i have just been speaking to spiros from there. keep watching their website
Rebecca
November 08, 2005 09:53PM
Yes sure, I have its brill it has a huge swimming pool outside which is ace and cool staff members the rooms have bathroom facilities, cookers and kettles check it out you'll have a dream holiday

all my love Rebecca
xxx
Wayne
November 29, 2005 09:32AM

Hi Kerrie, Emma and anyone else that might know please !

You say to watch their website, as they're going private only. Can you point me to where the website is please ? I didn't know that Spiros had a website. Any other contact information would be invaluable as well.

We've been to Spiros' place 3 times and had a fantastic holiday each time. Our 3 visits spans 10 years, or so, and the last time was the year before they expanded and modernised the place. Each time we went, it was with Sky Tours.

I'd really like to hear from someone who has been there BOTH before and since the change to the place, and get some idea of whether it still retains the cosy, family-orientated charm that it did before. Panorama was never a place that was suited to groups of teenagers or loud, loud raucous atmosphere, but a really quiet and relaxing family-run complex, and I'd like to know if this has changed at all. I doubt that Spiros, Mama and Papa would have allowed it to get that way anyway, but, as it's far bigger now, I'd like to get some feedback first.

Great memories include Papa's Spaghetti Special and barbecues, Mama's Lasagne and biscuits, and Spiros' "Bloody Chips". Oh ! And that ice-cold Amstel was pretty good too ! And ............. What a view !!!!

Did anyone ever do the old TURTLE WALK over the mountains ? Phew ! I lost over a stone in water alone ................ both times !
Lesley
December 05, 2005 12:03PM
Hi

I seem to have lost the email address and website for Spiros and Villa Panorama, could anyone please tell me what the email address and the webasite is.

Many thanks
Lesley
sheena
December 15, 2005 09:36AM
The email address is www.villapanoramahotel.gr . We went there last year and loved it too!
kerrie
January 10, 2006 11:24AM
Can anyone tell me who has villa panorama this year. i have been on web site but cant find the info
kevin
January 31, 2006 10:14PM
Hello Wayne Ive been to both old and new Panorama and it is still a good @#$%&.I don't think they've changed but I think the British people expect more for their money now.I go there every year and wouldn't want to go anywhere else
Dave and Sue
February 14, 2006 11:17PM
Hi Kev,

How are Bev and the boys? Never did get the phone call you promised. We are selling up and going over to tour Europe on a Goldwing for a year or so and may well get down to Polychrono somewhere along the way. We're being told that it is compulsary to get old - but not to grow up so we're going for it.

If you get time please get in touch, it would be nice to hear from you all.

Sue and Dave (Sept.2005)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login