Hotel Stamos

Hotel Stamos

Posted by Helen & Matthew 
Helen & Matthew
Hotel Stamos
April 29, 2003 09:43PM
Hi, Can anyone help???!!!!. We stayed at a small hotel last year called the Hotel Stamos in Afitos and would like to go again this year as the staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful and we enjoyed the company of George at the bar next to the hotel, can anyone help with a website address etc so we can make contact and book again?.
sakis
Re: Hotel Stamos
May 01, 2003 08:02PM
Hotel 'STAMOS'; DON'T HAVE A WEB SITE.
THEIR FHONE NR IS +302374091510
OR+302374091520
IF YOU TRY AND THERE IS NO ANSWER IT WILL BE IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS AS THE SUMMER SEASON IN HALKIDIKI JUST (thank God) STARTED.
Helen & Matthew
May 17, 2003 06:17PM
Thanks very much for your help with the information
Faye
April 05, 2004 12:34PM
Hi

I've found a website for Hotel Stamos - its [www.stamos-hotel.com]

WE've just booked to go there this summer and I've been trying to find a review on the hotel but can't find one anywhere.

CAn you tell me what its like (obviously good or else you wouldnt be going back!). Is the walk back from the beach a bit of a struggle? (I'm pregnant) also is there loads of umbrellas if the heat gets too much. Is there many places to stroll out to for dinner in the evening as well?

Sorry, too many questions I know, but I'm excited! ANy info would be gratefully received.
Faye
April 05, 2004 12:34PM
Hi

I've found a website for Hotel Stamos - its [www.stamos-hotel.com]

WE've just booked to go there this summer and I've been trying to find a review on the hotel but can't find one anywhere.

CAn you tell me what its like (obviously good or else you wouldnt be going back!). Is the walk back from the beach a bit of a struggle? (I'm pregnant) also is there loads of umbrellas if the heat gets too much. Is there many places to stroll out to for dinner in the evening as well?

Sorry, too many questions I know, but I'm excited! ANy info would be gratefully received.
jen
April 10, 2005 11:44AM
Hi,
I went to halikididi last year with my boyfriend. We stayed in Hanioti which was beautiful. During our stay we did a coach tour around Kassandra, and one of the stops was in Afitos. And, in reply to your message, it took us a while to find the Hotel Stamos, as it is a bit of a walk from the beach. It is an up- hill walk to the hotel, which may be difficult to get back. The hotel is situated a little out of the centre, and further from the beach.
We also spent an evening there. It was fantastic. I have looked for reviews there, and havent had any luck. Even thou, when we were there, we spoke to someone who was staying in the hotel and they highley recommended it. We also heard alot of other good reviews over there.
Halkidiki is a wonderful place to visit, and if I went back I would go back to Afytos and stay in the hotel stamos ( and as a bonus, has a v . cute rep ).
jen
April 10, 2005 11:58AM
i have found 1 review on the stamos hotel.
It does say it may be difficult for people wit walking difficulties.

www.holidaywatchdog.com/10359-Afitos-stamos_hotel-holiday-review.html
Georgie
May 06, 2005 08:04PM

hello
im going to stay at the hotel stamos in august have had a look at a few reviews and all of them said the hotel and afitos are fantastic.
am v. exited
Gill Kilvington
May 09, 2005 11:17AM
Hi

We have been to Afitos 16 times over the last 10 years including Xmas and Easter. We have stayed at the Stamos the last 14 times and you will find it a very good place to stay. The village is quiet and totally unspoilt and the people are fantastic. Magda and Achilles who run the hotel are very accommodating and helpful and are opening up a second hotel in Afitos this summer.

I went to Afitos when I was pregnant and didn't find it difficult getting around. The walk to the beach is down quite a steep hill but you can walk the longer but less hilly way down if require.

Had some fantastic holidays there and would be happy to provide further info if require. My Mother and father in law are going this Thursday for a fortnight (their 7th time).

Enjoy.
Anne Clark
January 26, 2006 12:41AM
Hi!

Saw your postings on list - Thinking of staying in Hotel Stamos for 2 weeks at end of September.

Any advice please?

How big is Afitos? is there a good variety of places to eat at night?

Any other thoughts please!

cheers,

Frank
Mathew
February 02, 2006 11:18AM
Everyone expects different things from a holiday, but to my mind Afitos is is a lovely, traditional village that has a very low-key, relaxed way of life. No nightclubs (but if that's your bag - 5 minutes in a taxi and you'll be in Kallithea, which has all that there), but many bars and restaurants.

For restaurants - Waterfall, the "blue" one at the top of the village, Mythos in the square and Thellassa (Sea View) on the front on top of the cliff over-looking the beach are my favourites. Christos restaurant is good for Pizza, pretty ordinary otherwise - nice guys who run it though.

Bars - the cocktail one with the open courtyard is lovely and does happy hour from 4pm - 11pm. It's nice to sit in the bar by the church and if you go up the lane beside this bar, there's a bar at the top with a stunning view across the bay to Kallithea, Polichrono and Hanioti.

The beaches in Afitos are lovely - the village beach (one to the left as you go down the hill from the village is nice and sandy with a lovely taverna on the corner and the water is crystal clear.

I've stayed at the Stamos before and it's nice. Good pool area and most rooms have a view to the sea.

Have a look here for more info - www.afytos.net

Also - for a great day out, hire a car and go to Sithonia. Drive, via Nea Marmaris, to Porto Koufo, have lunch in one of the lovely tavernas there and drive on to Kalamitsi to sleep it off on the glorious beach there. It's a long day, but the views and scenary on the road - particularly once you are past Nea Marmaris - are stunning and make it worth it.

Enjoy.
Anne Clark
February 06, 2006 10:27AM
Thanks Matthew -

BIG help -

about to book today.

ephcharisto!

Anne
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login