JMC and street animals

JMC and street animals

Posted by Viv 
Viv
JMC and street animals
September 03, 2002 09:26PM
Those of you who have been to Greece before will have noticed all the stray cats but especially dogs about. At the welcome meeting in the JMC booklet, we read about a charity set up in Halkidiki which JMCsupports. They primarily care for all the animals in the winter months when the tourists [and their food supply] are gone. They also carry out neutering and health care. We asked our rep [the lovely Artin] how we could help. He said that it would be brilliant if we could buy some tins of food which he would take to the charity. We bought some large tins of dog food from the local supermarket which were just over one Euro, and some cat food. We were wondering if any of you good people would buy a tin or two to help these animals through the winter. Thank you for reading this.
Danny
Re: JMC and street animals
September 16, 2002 11:57AM
Please support the animals. We forgot to buy any food until it was time to leave so we couldnt leave some for the strays and we feel really bad about it. The poor things looked v thin.
Hope you are better at remembering than we were....
Thanks
paul
December 05, 2005 11:54PM
i got news for yous,the dogs & cats are poisend at the end of the season
ANON
December 06, 2005 09:53AM
So heart felt Paul, nice way of putting it.
Jane
December 06, 2005 07:29PM
Please see the thread I started a while ago on Dogs, animals etc. And they are not ALL poisoned Paul. One is too many, but nevertheless they are not all done away with.

I tried to keep my thread going, lets hope this one does better. We need people to be aware before the next season starts.

Jane
jeff
December 06, 2005 08:10PM
ok is there anywhere we can send a few euros to to help buy food and medicines

i am not able to work due to health problems but would contribute at least something to help

every euro counts and i know if you people are serious enough to put up a thread about the animals then i feel sure any monies sent will be used only for the welfare of these animals

i personally love my dog friends in fourka of which i have many
paul
December 07, 2005 05:26PM
to anon,i just put it how ive seen it,1 year at the beginging of october there was about 5 dogs bloated up & dead on the beach in polhicrono & there was still tourists there.i nutted some 1 for battering a dog in greece
ANON
December 08, 2005 01:14PM
Paul,

I know it happens and I told people on the other thread about it but not quite so bluntly. It is sad and should not be allowed to happen, hopefully these charities I saw there will start to make a difference soon.
lee
December 09, 2005 01:09AM
a women called mrs seegla has animal santrys,i gave her a thew dogs & cats,she loves animals.i hope the charities make a diferance,the poisoning needs to stop thow.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login