Kavos or Halkidiki???

Kavos or Halkidiki???

Posted by Daniel 
Daniel
Kavos or Halkidiki???
July 13, 2003 11:55PM
I jave just booked a holiday for me and the mrs to Halkidiki in Spetemver but have since been told its getting like Kavos. We are a young couple and after a bit of nightlife but nothing like the scale of Kavos. Can you tell me if it is like Kavos os can we expect peace and quiet if we want it!!

Cheers
Graham
Re: Kavos or Halkidiki???
July 14, 2003 06:43AM
I would say Hanioti has little in common with Kavos. I spent time in Kavos when I used to prefer "lads" holidays before I settled down. Now I have a family I prefer to go somewhere more peaceful, but with some lively bars, good restaurants and no groups of "lads", "ladettes" being sick and being generally boisturous.

I am going back to Hanioti this week with two other families as last years holiday there was perfect if you are looking for peace and quiet or somewhere to let your hair down at night.

Graham.
Steve McQuoid
July 14, 2003 02:56PM
Hi Daniel,
I went 2 Fourka twice last year & am going again 10th Sept this year.I have
also been to Kavos but if anyone is comparing it to Halkidiki they're having a
Laugh.I stay at the Hotel Australia at Fourka,it's quieter than the resorts on
the other side of the peninsular but there are lively places if U want them.
I would say the 2 best bars in Fourka are Jimmys(at the Australia Hotel)or
Yiamis(greek 4 Cheers)across the road.My 2 favourite restaurants are the
Victoria & Hersoniossis which are very close 2 each other.
Go & Enjoy Steve McQuoid
PS Tassos beach bar by the Australia is also very good,onthe beach edge,
have a beer here & watch the sunset-incredible
Tracy Kerley
July 14, 2003 04:31PM

Hi

I have recently come back from Fourka and I went with my friend, we are in our 20's and we had a great time.
The nightlife is really what you make it but on our last few day's of the holiday the night club opened on the beach which we heard was good but allot of the locals go when its not peak season. The bars in Fourka are very good and stay open quite late which is better than England anyway!

If Fourka is too quiet for you then we never went but I do hear that Kathelia is very lively at night but that is a taxi ride away which in the day cost us 10 euros one way. I think it would be worth it though if you would like a bit more of a lively night.

I think you will have a great holiday if you go with a poistive attitude and you also get to meet some great people there which is an added bonus. They are all very friendly including the holiday makers. I would pick Fourka over Kavos I think for the type of holiday you are after.

Have a great time

Tracy x
kerry
July 15, 2003 03:51PM
Halkidiki is NOTHING like Kavos!O.k there is a strip of bars & clubs near Kalithea that get a bit rowdy but usually only at weekends when all the Greeks visit from Thessaloniki in all the other resorts you can find plenty of places to have a (late)drink with decent music but there is a noise curfew in most places due to the fact that these resorts are built round villages! I can also say that in the 15yrs i've been holidaying i(& the 6 yrs i've been working) in Halkidiki i've rarely seen any trouble or large groups of people on lads or girls holidays,usually groups of 3 or 4 or couples!Basically Halkidiki has a bit of everything,there's noise if you want it but there are also some nice quiet places too so i'm sure you'll have a lovely holiday!
Daniel
July 16, 2003 03:33PM
Thank you to all those that have replied. You have answered my fears and I can relax at the thought I am not going to awake with thumping music at five in the morning!!!!!

Thank you to everyone again
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login