Hotel Australia?

Hotel Australia?

Posted by ros 
ros
Hotel Australia?
March 30, 2003 08:30PM

hi!

My boyfriend and I are booked to go to fourka in july 2003, but i cant seem to find any pictures or information about the Australia Hotel, where we are staying, or what there is to do and what to visit (maps)!

Were going for 2weeks and are hoping to explore the area and other surronding resorts!

Has anyone got any information that could help us out?? ie day trips, excursions, bike/car hire, resorts, recommendations, websites etc

Anything would be great!

Happy Holidays x
tony
Re: Hotel Australia?
March 31, 2003 07:30PM
Theres a photo of hotel australia at www.just.co.uk(its not a very good photo)your hotel leads onto the beach with an english style pub(jimmys bar)the staff are very friendly.There is karaoke and sky tv showing all the sports and they have a greek night once per week.if you need anymore info i will be glad to help i used to live and work in fourka.
ros
April 01, 2003 11:19AM
thanks for that tony - how long were you out in fourka for? did you enjoy working there?

where are the best places to visit? ie resorts, sights to see.
we will be there for two weeks so we wanted to travel about a bit. Are the bus services good or is it easier to hire a car/bike/walk or just get taxis? weve been to other countries and the drivers can be a little aggresive! is it the same in mainland? is fourka close to other resorts or will we need transport?

also we have chosen a holiday where reps arent posted at our hotel - although we can get in contact with other local reps - so are there any excursion companies nearby that can organise day trips for us?

anything you can let me know or recommend to visit would be great

thanks again tony
tony
April 03, 2003 07:08PM
hi ros,i worked in fourka for 8 months and had a great time,don't worry about not having a rep everybody who works in your hotel are really friendly,the bar is well stocked even down to alcopops etc,there is also a terrace bar which serves snacks etc(reasonable price)to see halkidiki it's probably best to hire a car(theres a place opposite your hotel(panarama cars its run by a guy named achilais really friendly lots of local knowledge+he won't rip you off)theres bicycle+scooter hire also in fourka.re aggresive drivers sure there are some but in general its no worse than england.the buses are quite good if you can get one+cheap
there is a nightclub in fourka mied music greek+europop but the drinks can be quite expensive another bar to try is yiammas opposite your hotel,most of the tavernas are in the square(just a short walk from your hotel all reasonably priced with good food)try faros+bella venitzia and viktoria these are where i used to eat.re excursions see achilias in panorama they organise trips(if your going to visit thessalonika go with a trip its cheaper and no worries about parking as its busy)if you try bella venitzia restaurant
ask for kristo(the chef)tell him tony from manchester told you to come(i taught him english)you will get bigger meals and probably a free drink or two.if you need more info just ask.enjoy your time in fourka
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login