hanioti nightlife

hanioti nightlife

Posted by nina 
nina
hanioti nightlife
July 07, 2006 08:01AM
Can you please give me some information about the nightlife in hanioti? There's a group of us going and we're all in our twenties. Thanks!
babyblue
Re: hanioti nightlife
July 07, 2006 09:16PM
I was wondering, are there any places, clubs, or whatever.. with alternative music in Hanioti? I would very much appreciate an answer soon...I'm going to Hanioti on 20th July

July 10, 2006 08:35AM

I returned from a two week holiday in Hanioti last Monday.. the square wasn't as lively as I thought it would be but how good a night out is, all depends how you make it. If you get what I mean.
We had some good nights out up there.

The Sunshine Bar was possibly the most liveliest place in the square and Long Island cocktail bar was really good too. try the wobbler!!!

There is a club in the next town called No No's.. that was a really good night out. We stayed in the Angelo Hotel and it was about an 8 min car journey from there so it wouldn't cost you much for a taxi. Its open until the early hours an all, we left there about 5.45ish and there was still loads of people in there.
July 10, 2006 09:03AM

No Nos at Pefkahori is good. There is a big outdoor bar with music and then the big indoor dance area. Between 12 and 1 is when it starts to get busy. There is Bubbles in Kriopigi. There are three big nightclubs near Kailthea, ask your rep to point them out on the way from the airport. So if your a bit adventurous there should be plenty to keep you entertained.
Bert
July 10, 2006 01:47PM
If you find anywhere in Hanioti with alternative music let us all know - didn't see anywhere when I was out there, seemed to just be pop and dance music everywhere.
sally
July 10, 2006 03:18PM
hanioti is a fab place, but only for drinking in the bars before you go off cubbing. going on the 20th of july is perfect timing because everyone is on holiday - even the greeks, and when they party, they do it properly.

taxis at a certain time at night can be a pain to try and find, but if you get the bar to call one for you instead of standing at the taxi rank it will be easier.

Bubbles, does not open til 12 - but i stays open til about 5am - by this time you would have wandered of to a club anyway, which is just a ten minute walk away. there are about 5 of these clubs which hold up to 10,000 people in each one......prepare yourself for LOTS of people and traffic congestion.

the atmpsphere is amazing though, and trying to get a taxi at 9 in the morning can be quite funny!

have fun..... you will all love it!!!!!
Milica
July 04, 2010 06:56PM
What about the prices /food/coffe, night life?
Tom
March 17, 2011 02:20AM
Hi
The Sunshine bar, Huge cocktails, and I beleive they were the first to bring the fishbowl cocktail drink into Hanioti in the square, They had a great dj that will play any music if he has got it, he will also play music you give him, as long as its in the right format to play,
They also do karaoke they are called Flashback karaoke/disco which we loved, great sound Ace lighting and such a good laugh, you get a real good range of music from the 50's right upto date!
The dj loves Elvis and sings a few songs, close your eyes you would almost think that it was the King.
We had a fantastic night.
Petros and his wife are lovley, they also teach scoober diving if anyone is up for that.
The cockney cafe is 10 mins up the road and sells good english homemade food if you miss a bit of englisg grub, The drinks are much larger than english measures but can be a bit pricey depending on where you go.
Good hollidays! Tom
lucyl
March 30, 2011 08:54AM
thinking about going to hanioti in May. Does anyone know if it will be warm enough and also what are the prices like for eating out and beer? Any help is appreciated cheers!
March 30, 2011 09:47AM
Hi Lucy

May is always a risk - it can be lovely and warm and sunbathing weather, or it can be quite chilly and rain. It will always be cool in the evenings in May. Can you go any later in the season? Also, it will be quiet in May as the season starts at the beginning of the month but places slowly open up throughout the month and it doesn't really get going until late May / early June.

I am a spirits girl myself (which are expensive!) so not sure about the price of beer, but it depends where you go. The more trendy & more central places tend to charge more than the low key / local places.

Again, with food you can get all prices depending on the 'standard' of the establishment. We normally budget about 50 Euros per person per day but this pays for EVERYTHING - all meals out, lots of drinks (!), supermarket shopping, souvenir shopping etc. You can cut costs by eating breakfast in the apartment and just having a sandwich or gyros (kebab) for lunch. On average I would say starters are about 4-6 Euros and mains are about 8-12 Euros and most places give you a free dessert!

Hope that helps...
LJ
March 31, 2011 03:58PM
I really enjoyed Halkidiki in May. The beaches were quiet and the flowers were all out although the sea was a bit nippy! I was there at the end of May and on the whole the weather was glorious and got hotter as the week progressed. The evenings were cool and we definately needed a cardi However we were lucky as the previous week hadn't been so good. This year I'm heading out on the 18th May so fingers crossed for some sunny weather!
Tom
April 22, 2011 02:47AM
Hi There,
The Sunshine bar is ace, Huge cocktails, and I believe they were the first to bring the fishbowl cocktail drink into Hanioti in the square, They had a great DJ that will play any music if he has got it, he will also play music you give him, as long as its in the right format to play,
They also do karaoke they are called Flashback karaoke / Disco which we loved, great sound Ace lighting and such a good laugh, you get a real good range of music from the 50's right unto date!
The DJ loves Elvis and sings a few songs, close your eyes you would almost think that it was the King.
We had a fantastic night.
Petros and his wife are lovely, they also teach scoober diving if anyone is up for that.
The cockney cafe is 10 mins up the road and sells good English homemade food if you miss a bit of English grub, The drinks are much larger than English measures but can be a bit pricey depending on where you go.
Good holidays! Tom
john K
April 22, 2011 08:47PM
Tom has his wires crossed the sunshine bar and Cockney cafe are in Polycrono not Haniotis.

John K
Dan
April 24, 2011 03:49PM
There is a "Sunshine Bar, in Hanioti, just off the square, on the way up to Billy`s Bar, across from "The Beer House"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login