snorkeling/scuba diving

snorkeling/scuba diving

Posted by roy 
roy
snorkeling/scuba diving
May 29, 2006 05:30PM
The sea is warming up nicley now that the hot weather has finaly arrived.Odyssey dive club are doing trips by boat and by shore daily .If you are a complete beginner or experienced by yourself or with your famil Odyssey can take care of your needs.
The Alge bloom has started to go so the water is a lot clearer as well
Re: snorkeling/scuba diving
May 29, 2006 05:51PM
Hi Roy

Just a quick question. We have been coming to Halkidiki for over 30 years, this year I am 50. I quite fancy doing this but wonder if I am fit enough. What constitutes "fit" for diving. I am a larger size lady ! but can swim quite well and do not have asthma or anything. Just thought it might be a nice thing to do for my 50th birthday which is while we are over there in June. Also what are the costs, timings of dives etc.
Thanks
Jane

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/05/2006 09:31AM by Nikos.
Roy
May 31, 2006 07:57PM
Hi Jane.
If you contact Phredie on www.odysseydive.com she will be able to give you the prices.
If you are in good health then you should be ok for diving.You can go see your doctor before you come and get a note saying that your fit for scuba diving if you have any worries.If you can swim you will have no problems.You can do a full course that last about 4 days or you can do an intro dive that last between 1 or 2 hours depending what you want to do.
If you have any more questions I'll be glad to help.
Hope to see you in June.
Where will you be staying
Roy
June 02, 2006 06:34PM
Hi Roy, tried that email but it didnt work, for prices.

We are staying in Siviris this time. I would be most interested in the intro dive 1-2 hours as a treat for my 50th birthday.

Will check with doctor, but can see no problems other than would you have a wetsuit to fit the larger sized lady ! ?

Thanks
Jane
Roy
June 03, 2006 03:28PM
Hi Jane.
We have wetsuits for all sizes
Try info@odyssedive.com
Roy
June 03, 2006 03:50PM
Roy, I have been doing some research and feel that I may not be fit enough to dive due to having scoliosis. From what I have read the tanks are quite heavy and I do have back pain and problems. Also I believe there can be a problem with lung function.

Perhaps snorkelling may be a better idea? Wht do you think. I have a 50% curve of the upper spine which does not really affect me apart from the continual lower back pain which I am used to. I do not however wish to make it worse, and I have just had a bout of inflamed nerve which makes my leg numb.

I am so disappointed, but perhaps snorkelling will be nearly as interesting?

Thanks
Jane
Roy
June 05, 2006 06:12PM
Hi Jane,
It would be best if you went to see your doctor for a check up first.As for the kit being heavy we put the gear on in the water so you wont feel the weight.
You will also have fun snorkeling as well.
Just being in the water will be a good thing
Roy
June 05, 2006 06:14PM
Thanks Roy, leave it with me and I will see if I can get an appointment before we leave, although it is a bit tight now. May call in anyway and check it all out with you. Jane
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login