Kriopigi - info please!

Kriopigi - info please!

Posted by Sally 
Sally
Kriopigi - info please!
May 12, 2003 08:23PM
My family and I recently booked a holiday to Kriopigi. It will be our first visit to Halkidiki. I cannot find a travel guide for the area, and there appears to be very little info available on the net. We are staying at the poseidon view hotel. I'm not too sure where abouts in Kriopigi this hotel is situated. According to the holiday brochure, it is 750m from the main road - not sure which main road. I'd appreciate any info on the area (things to do, public transport, shopping, best places to eat etc) and especially any info you may have on the Poseidon view hotel.

Thanx

Sally
sakis
Re: Kriopigi - info please!
May 13, 2003 06:37AM
Not much infos about Poseidon view but for Kriopigi find more at:
[www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk]
Elena
May 13, 2003 06:59AM
Tavernas in Kriopigi :
[www.blackmore7.fsnet.co.uk]

Kriopigi it the nice place for stay.
But if you want to have fun, so take bus or taxe and go to Kallithea or Hanioti.
Look at the map of Halkidiki.
kerry
May 31, 2003 01:43PM
Hi i've worked in Kriopigi but not too sure where your hotel is,it may be down the hill(there is a v steep hill down to the beach!)Kriopigi is v quiet but there are some nice restaurants & a few bars & shops,nice if you want a v relaxing holiday,if however you want a bit more action then take the advice of Elena & catch bus (v cheap) or taxi (reasonable)to Hanioti or Kalithea these are brilliant for shopping & nightlife is a bit louder!Have a nice holiday Kriopigi is beautiful.
sally
May 31, 2003 10:01PM
We have just returned from a wonderful week in Kriopigi. We decided to hire a car after waiting almost two hours for a bus in the rain! I'm so glad we hired the car because we got to visit some really interesting places. You are right kerry, our hotel was down a hill, near the beach. It was a lovely hotel and much nicer than I had imagined it would be.
Sally
Jim
Poseidon View Hotel & Car Hire
June 02, 2003 06:59PM
Wife and I booked a holiday at the above hotel on 05/06/2003. Anyone any info on this hotel? Can anyone recommend a good local car hire firm?
best regards,
Jim
sally
Re: Poseidon View Hotel & Car Hire
June 02, 2003 09:04PM
The Poseidon view is situated at the end of a steep dirt track (I'm not kidding!) Don't let this put you off though. The Poseidon is a lovely hotel. Quite new and very clean (our room was spotless!) It has a nice pool and a poolside bar. The beach is a stones thow away ( a few steps and a steep path will lead you to it ) However, I feel I must warn you about the building work taking place next to the hotel. I wasn't aware of this until the third day into our holiday, as it had been raining most of the time, but as soon as the weather improved the builders were out in force...at the @#$%& of dawn! I'm not sure if they will continue working during the summer months. I know In Turkey they work (builders that is) during the winter months and finish at the end of May.
The village is approx ten minutes away (by foot) The hotel runs a minibus service that will take you as far as the village and back (I think it was 50c one way) We chose to hire a car to get around (we saw most of the peninsular) as the local buses are very unreliable. We hired a car from Kriopigi cars in the village, it cost 170e for four days car hire. I'm not sure if this was cheap/expensive or average.
If you like somewhere quiet, you will love Kriopigi. The pace of life is slow and it's beaches are empty (well, almost) and unspoilt. Watch out for the jelly fish.
I hope my info was of some use to you.

Have a good one!

Sally
Jim
Re: Poseidon View Hotel & Car Hire
June 03, 2003 12:03AM
Hi,
Thanks very much for the info - good information.
best regards,
Jim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login