mick
Re: oceania club halkidiki
June 26, 2005 07:27PM
thanks for the feedback
Vicky
June 26, 2005 07:58PM
Hi Carol and David,

We are due to go to the Oceania Club on the 14th August. We are staying in a Junior Deluxe Suite. Just wondered if you could tell us the size of the room (we have two children with us) and whether the deluxe pool area gets crowded and what it is like?

Thanks very much. Glad you had a good time!

Vicky and Paul
Gillian
June 27, 2005 08:42AM
Ian
I could name quite a few areas in the South of England no better, probably worse, than Nea Moudania but unlike yourself would not name them for fear of upsetting the people that have to live in them. No wonder we are treated with little or no respect if we write about people in this way. The people of Nea Moudania are not used to having a lot of tourist and have had to work hard for a living which refects in the state of the town, but they are trying, which is a credit to them.
If you show respect then you receive it back.
Gillian
Vadim
June 27, 2005 02:53PM
Gillian and Ian
It was not my intension to bring any Brits on. Gillian expressed what I failed to do beacause of my poor English. As long as people turn an honest penny they even "when taking your money", Ian, should win respect ANYWHERE. And Nea Moudania is the case. To be clear I am not Greek but I love Greece. I live in one of Polish @!#$ hole.
Best regards for both of you.
Pierre
July 01, 2005 11:53AM
Hi,
I have the same request.
Did you receive some replies.
If yes could you be so friendly to forward it to me.

Reg

Pierre from belgium
lesley
July 01, 2005 02:49PM
We went to Nea Moundania and Kalafare (excuse spelling please) and found the people very polite in fact the whole time we were in Greece we did not find one person (whether Greek, Macedonian, Russian etc etc) rude, they were ALL very nice and polite.

We returned on 23rd June and like in my other notes, have no problems with the hotel. It was 100% finished and up and running in all areas.

Mountain bikes are available, as with Tennis rackets, squash etc etc
lesley
July 01, 2005 05:09PM
YOu have no worries at all,.... we have just returned and found the hote, staff, amenities, beach, sports - well in fact everything to be just perfect with one slight disappointment - entertainment in the evenings in the main bar - but considering that the safe in the room and the mini bar (restocked every day) are all free and the facilities for making tea/coffee, dvd player etc etc and good sized rooms all clean and fresh and good furnishings, we could find no other faults. Youwill have an excellent time. We all did. Staff bend over backwards to make sure yu have a wonderful stay.
JH
July 01, 2005 09:05PM
Vidam
Quite correct

The people of Nea Moudania are not used to modern day tourism and the only facilities they are able to offer are from an ifrastructure established in the 70's for local tourism.

All people from all nationalities have to respect the fact that we are starngers in an area that has survived without mass tourism.

Please give the local population time to understand the impact of what is going to be a major change to their environment.

The residents of nea moudania are apprehensive regarding change, just look around you at the Wendesday Market.

When you see 30 plus trawlers leaving port every night, what does it tell you?..........Make an effort to be please

Regards
simon raffe
July 03, 2005 09:01PM
Hi my name is Simon
I am taking my family to the Oceania hotel on the 8th Aug, and have been reading the various reports on this message board. Its nice to get some feed back on an hotel that we booked a holiday at before it was finished. By all accounts it does seem to be improving as time goes on. However no one appears to have made any comment on any of the sports facilities that are available. Has anyone done any sailing, windsurfing, scuba diving, archery etc. And what are they talking about ref. having a licence for sailing and windsurfing. My tour op. has'nt managed to come up with an answer for that one even though I asked several weeks ago! I look forward to hearing from anyone out there.
Liz
July 04, 2005 10:27AM
the hotel have their own website - is shows the room layout of all the rooms

www.oceaniaclub.gr
colin
July 12, 2005 03:24PM
Does anyone know if there is a dress code for men at dinner as per the Sani Beach Hotel
helen
July 13, 2005 06:45PM
We are due to stay at the Oceania from the 27th July and have just received a letter from Thomas Cook stating that building work is taking place a 100m from the hotel (a shopping complex), they have told us that work commences from 08.00 to 19.00 hours, and the noise level has been rated as 3 (on a scale of 1-5).

Has anyone stayed whilst this work is taking place, if so is it unbearable?! should we be looking at an alternative hotel?

Thanks

Helen
cathy
July 14, 2005 09:42AM
hgs anyone else heard anything about this ? we are going with first choice and have not had any notification . just when we thought all the problems were sorted !
lesley cutler
July 14, 2005 12:34PM
Cathy

I did reply to helen's notice. however, we came back at end of June and if I am right in thinking that the building work they are referring to, it is out of the complex and turn right. if you are in the hotel complex, this does not have any affect on the holiday at all. we didnt experience any noise from this building work.

We went out twice, once in an evening and at that point, no workmen were around and again on market day, and they were building then, but no noise at all.

I hope this helps.

Lesley
Gillian
July 14, 2005 01:36PM
Hi
We returned also in June, could see the building works from the hotel at the side, but was not sure what was being built, could hear nothing, and no builders dust blowing, not even when in the grounds, I agree with Lesley.
Enjoy your holiday I am sure it has not got any worse, I would say Thomas Cook are just covering themselves after all the early setbacks.
Gillian
Jeanette
July 14, 2005 08:20PM
We have just returned today and had a great time.

Food was really good with a great selection which suited all tastes from my baby to grandad!

Pool was lovely, but a bit slippy for the kids. We enjoyed some good entertainment and the kids club was very well equipped.

Room was big and well equipped. They have DVD players, but only 21 DVDs to borrow!

Staff were very nice, keen to help and all spoke english.

Highly recommended, we are definately going again next year!
helen
July 16, 2005 09:22AM
Thanks to Lesley for responding to my mails, it is reassuring to hear that the building work may not be as bad as we first thought.

We have decided to stay with the hotel as it does look lovely, we are back on the 11th August so will update this site with our findings!

Helen
Helen S
July 17, 2005 11:06PM
Hi Simon,

I was one of the early residents to Oceania so have to tell you there wasn't a lot to offer when we were there, however, I do recall seeing people being taught scuba diving in the main pool, don't know about archery at all. Hubby and I were very interested in doing catamaran sailing but were told that if we didn't have a licence we had to pay for an hours tutoring before being able to use the 'all-inclusive' free use. From memory I think that hour cost about £30 and I believe the wind-surfing was the same (we didn't partake in the end).

I hope I am helping and not hindering with this info as more recent guests will have much more up to date info. Just saw that no one had responded to you and thought I would let you know what we knew at the time (9th May).

Would recommend any info comes to you from Tour Op/Hotel and in writing! On experience stories often differed between the two - don't want you to get caught out.

Regards
Helen S
Dawn Forrester Price
July 18, 2005 02:59AM
Are you the Simon Raffe who was in Jamaica in the 1970s?
Annemarie
July 18, 2005 04:22PM
Hi Simon,

You have to have an international license to windsurf you can obtain one by taking a course of lessons with Regina the cost is 140 euros for 10 hours worth of lessons and a further 30 euros to obtain the license. sailing was 150 euros for the tuition but I don't know about the license.

Regina is very nice and the sea is perfect for these activities.

Hope this helps

Annemarie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login