oceania club halkidiki

Posted by sharon mollart 
sharon mollart
oceania club halkidiki
April 24, 2005 05:07PM
Hi my name is Sharon
i work for the co-op a large independent travel company ,
i am going to this hotel myself in september ,
i have done an lot of price comparisons through different tours operators and different companies if you would like to recieve the best price on this ultra all inclusive resort 5* resort please call me on
01226 724269 or email me on sharon.mollart@tarsc.net,
give me a chance to beat your quote and get you the best price
SUE FULLAGER
Re: oceania club halkidiki
April 25, 2005 12:50PM
Hello Sharon
Do you have anything for Oceania Club Hotel from 23/07/05 to 06/08/05 (or around those dates) for 6 people. 4 adults and 2 kids aged 17 and 14. Either 2 or 3 rooms would be fine, all inclusive. Leaving from any London, Stansted or Kent Airport.
We are booked in for these dates ourselves, and now friends of ours would love to come too.
Many thanks
Sue
Mrs Jamieson
May 10, 2005 12:55PM
Please could you not send me any emails at this address i am not a tour operator
Louise
May 11, 2005 03:02PM
has anyone actually been yet!
if so please can we have some reviews
Does anyone have any photo's of the place,other than the ones already in circulation.
any info would be great thanks
louise
Mrs Jamieson
NO MORE EMAILS
May 12, 2005 09:57AM
DONT SEND ME ANY EMAILS I AM NOT ATRAVEL AGENT OR ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE OCEANIA CLUB
sophie
Re:
May 22, 2005 06:43PM
has anyone been to the oceania club yet cos we are going in the summer and would like to know wot people think of it?
catherine
Re:should we go to the oceania
May 25, 2005 06:03PM
iam going to the oceania club on august the18 th it has cost me over seven thousound pounds for my husband myself and three teenagers i am really worried about some of the reports i have read can any one put my mind at rest or would i better trying to rebook our holiday somewhere else thank you for any advice
Mrs Jamieson
June 10, 2005 01:23PM
We have just got back on 09/06/05
Everything is up and working-
The main Buffet style restuarant is ok to a point but becomes a bit dull after a few days / The a la carte Asian & Italian restuarants are very slow booked days in advanced and not much choice especially for young children. The Greek Taverna serves slightly better as you can sit outside.In fact the main critisisms are that there is no where to sit outside at night and it does get very warm at night. The entertainment is dire and is held in an indoor theatre rather like a conference hall. Childrens entertainment not good if over 4yrs old- none existant.
The nearest town is not geared up for tourists and it would have been nice to eat out at an authentic Greek Taverna.
The beach is not the best especially for Greece and if you are elderly/disbled or like me 6mnths pregnant large amount of steps or steep path - not great when hot!!
Plus side staff very pleasant, main pool area great plenty of sunbeds and very clean, mini bar in room restocked daily/ all bars stocked branded drinks.
Overall great if you just want to relax and do nothing durring the day a bit bland at night.
Not a 5* but a 4*. If you want to book any Spa treatments make sure you book well in advance or like me you wont to be able to use any facilities!!
Finally seems to be more geared to our German visitors ie all magazines in mini mart german most of the entertainment staff German so evening entertainment geared around their sense of humour ect.
Vicky
June 14, 2005 03:40PM
Any up-to-date news of the Oceania Club from anyone who has returned in the last week or so?
Mrs. Bill
June 14, 2005 04:51PM
We had booked to visit the hotel 16.06.2005, but 2 weeks ago Thomas Cook transferred us to another hotel stating that the Oceania Club was not completed to the required standard.!! Having read one of the entries on the message board, I am rather pleased that they did so, as it does not seem to have the requirements of a 5* hotel at the moment.
Michael J.
June 22, 2005 10:38AM
We have booked to stay at the Oceania Club in September through First Choice. After reading some of the things which have been posted in recent weeks, we enquired of First choice as to the state of affairs at the hotel. They contacted their rep. on site, and told us that the only thing not available was the creche, which would not be available at all for the duration of 2005.

Other than that, everything is, apparently, O.K.

Surely, if this was not the case, they would have a legal obligation to say so.
anna
June 22, 2005 08:37PM
We returned on the 16th from a truely fantastic holiday!! There are little corners that are not yet finhed but nothing invasive!!! We have booked again with our 4 yr old for October.
Aparently we had one of the first weeks of good sani quality entertainment with 'mama mia' and 'dance through the decades'. It is set out abit likea conference theatre but was always full during our stay.
Food choice was expansive!!! Catered for all different tastes although we did spot afew less adventurous folk eating the same kind of food! Greek taverna very good. Asian and italian do have set menu with two to three choices pre course but the service was wonderful and if children arent keen on the menu they are able to chose from the main restaurant.
Everone was so accommodating hope you are able to go and enjoy this little slice of heaven as much as we did!!!
joanne
June 23, 2005 08:26PM
Anyone know how many beds are in junior suite? thanks
Gillian
June 23, 2005 09:24PM
Hi Joanne
One double bed and one bed settee, would sleep two, in a junior suite.
Gillian
David
June 23, 2005 11:12PM
Author: David (---.lns6-c8.dsl.pol.co.uk)
Date: 06-21-05 14:26

Carol and I have just returned from the Oceania and have had a fantastic time!!!
Firstly I would like to say that even the staff admit that in the first month it was a shambles and far from ready!!! so I do feel sorry for those unfortunate guests and can understand why they felt like they did!!
Secondly I would like to say I cant really comment from a families point as they were just the 2 of us (we actually have 4 children between us)

ok here goes.
Everything is up and running now including the deluxe pool bar and just before we left it started to do spirits aswell as beer and soft drinks. They were just getting an ice cream machine installed as we left too.
The beach bar is open too and the waiters also walk round the beach once an hour or so.
The Greek Taverna by the main pool is open and you can have an evening meal outside there as well as lunch. There are plenty of tables etc.
The small childrens play area had an out of order sign on it just before we left as I believe english people were complaining about the safety!! There is a steep hill near it!! But to be honest we only saw one child in there the whole week. It is out of the way really anyway.

I would guess the hotel had about 40% Russians, 30% german and 30% english. The Russkies keep themselves to themselves and the germans are as we always find them!!!!

The entertainment was very good as in it is proper stage stuff. Mama mia, Dance through the decades, Circus Dance and Dinner for one were on while we were there.

In my opinion is more geared towards adults and couples even though there are kids clubs etc. I suppose what I am trying to say is that its more of a token effort. But that is purely my opinion. I didnt notice any groups of teenagers hanging around at night or else the letchy waiter with the ponytail from the main bar would have been hovering around !!!! If you have teenage daughters keep an eye on him!!!

The Helios bar where Ross and Becca work is good fun and they are a good laugh.

We stayed in the deluxe block which was very nice indeed. The furniture is not ikea flat pack stuff. The sea view is fantastic and air con,water etc were all fine. The mini bar is restocked every day.

In fact the onlt complaints we had were
1. the main restaurant was too bright
2. no signs in some areas
3. one or two abrupt staff and they were all greek.

Overall we had a good time

Carol and David
MICK
June 24, 2005 09:08AM

HAS ANYONE GOT NEW REPORTS ON THE OCEANIA FROM THOSE RETURNING AS OF THURSDAY THIS WEEK. IF YOU DO PLEASE POST
Ian
June 25, 2005 07:14AM
Mick

My wife and I, along with two friends returned home this week after a weeks stay. I can endorse a lot of what Carol & David reported earlier, however we did not have any children with us and we all found that the entertainment was dire, apart from the Dances throughout the world, which was excellent but only lasted half an hour, starting at 9:30 and finished at 10.00.

The main bar areas and reception all overlook the sea and the area is fully air-conditioned, you never have to visit the bar as the friendly staff are walking around all the time taking your orders.

We did not have a suite as we booked double rooms and we were a little concerned when we noticed on the Hotel web-site that the words "sea-view" had been removed from the room description. This is because this area of the hotel is in 3 blocks, 3 stories high. The first block has sea views from all floors but the next two blocks do not have sea views from the bottom floors as they overlook the concrete building in front. To anyone who has booked a double room may I suggest that you send an email direct to the Hotel and point out that you booked this room on condition that you had a sea view, this is what I did and they responded the same day and confirmed that I would be on the top floor.

Overall we had a brilliant week in a very impressive Hotel and as I reported earlier the only dissapointment was the evening entertainment added to the fact that there was no were else to go locally other than Nea Moundania, which is a dirty hole that must be twinned with Afganistan!!!

It is worth hiring a car and going south to visit Hanioti and the lovely village of Afithos.

To finish, I read prior to leaving that there was nowhere to sit outside and drink in the evening, this changed last week as the pool-side bar is open untill 1.00am were you can sit with a drink and admire the wonderfull lit pool area that overlooks the sea.

I am sure that you will enjoy but if you need any further info I will be happy to respond.

Regards

Ian
Vadim
June 25, 2005 08:54PM
You puppyish Brits. People in Nea Moudania as well in Afganistan can survive without you. You had better stay in your rainy country and did not offend people all around the world.
Gillian
June 26, 2005 10:51AM
Hi Vadim
Please do not tar us all with the same brush. We have not long returned for the Oceania and found the people in Nea Moudania very friendly and helpful, we are not all so offensive as Ian and he has no right to refer to your town as a dirty hole, we have some just the same here in England.
Ian
June 26, 2005 05:54PM
Gillian

I have every right to refer to the town as a dirty hole, which it is, and I was not as offensive as a previous visitor there who called it a @!#$ hole. The local poeple resented us being there and were made that obvious, even when taking our money.

If you think we have just the same in England perhaps you will tell me where???
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login