Kostas apartments polichrono

Posted by jade 
jade
August 24, 2002 08:27PM
Hello

I have just booked a week from the 12th september in the Kostas apartments in Polichrono. If you have been there before please could you tell me what you think good or bad! Please could some one also tell me what the weather will be like. What is there to do during the day and also where are the good bars, night clubs and resturants.

Hope to hear from you soon

Thanks

Jade
Danny
Re: Kostas apartments polichrono
September 04, 2002 12:07PM
Hi, myself and my girlfriend are off to Kostas tomorrow so sadly will not be back before you leave, but will let people know how we found it when we get back. My parents were in polychrono last year and they recommended the summer garden to eat in, visiting the turtles in the hills above the resort and also the island cruise with the mad captain and his assistant tracy!
im really looking forward to it, will spill all when I get back.
Danny
p.s. weather wise it says on the bbci website its showers in halkidiki at moment :-( hope it gets better...
Danny
Re: Kostas apartments polichrono
September 16, 2002 11:50AM
Well, i'm back from my holiday now and really wish i was still in polychrono. Had a really good time there and apart from a few showers weather was lovely. We tried a few different restaurants during the week, the best ones were The Summer Garden (off the beach front after Nefeli and opposite the Nefeli garden) and Oceanis (even if the woman is quite scary! :-) ) The garlic mushrooms in the summer garden are absolutely superb! if you go there try the drunken turkey too: its great!
as for bars we had a few coctails in the tropical bar which was nice but mainly we just had a litre or so of house wine with our meals... mmmmm lovely summer garden house red....:-)
As for the Kostas appartments they were really nice, altho fears about the poolside music as mentioned before on this board were well founded! thankfully a lot of other guests had brought CDs with them so didnt have to listen to westlife much after the first day. You can get a safety deposit box in the reception area for 10 euros a week but its prob better to talk to Alex about stuff like that as Kostas doesnt speak much english.
Pool is also v deep (2.5 metres or something like that at deep end so possibly should be careful with yound kids....)
Definitely recommended is the island cruise on the pirate boat with the mad captain and Tracy... its certainly an experience! My girlfriend and I keep saying Bing Bong! its the crazzzyyy greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! every tannoy system keeps reminding us of him! :-)
One word of warning tho: dont try looking for "the turtles".... the sign pointing up is v confusing and its a v long treck up a hill only to find out that all the signs for them suddenly stoP! if u really wanna see them prob best to ask a rep to guide u there or something... we gave up after about 3 hours...
All in all Polychrono and Kostas appartments were great, beginning to wish we'd gone for two weeks.... :-( very jealous of anyone in polychrono right now.
Danny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login