Meteora !

Meteora !

Posted by Mike 
Mike
Meteora !
July 29, 2002 10:25AM
Has any one been on this trip and is it worth the lenghty 4 hour coach trip each way ?

This is the one where the end of "for your eyes only" was filmed isnt it ?

Also I have been on the athos boat trip once before but has it changed ?

There is also a trip into Thessaloniki City centre to i believe !

Which of these trips is the best to go on for stopping for 2 weeks, would it be worth doing them all ? we are aged 25 and 21 and like a mixture of all sorts really just not too many museums tho ;0)

Thanks in advance !
kate
Re: Meteora !
July 29, 2002 10:51AM

Hi !!!
it is worth seeing !!!! but i suggest you rent a car and visiting Athen, Delf, Meteora - it is cheeper !!!!!!
By, Kate
Mike
July 29, 2002 11:45AM
excellent i am going to look into that right now cheers Kate :0)
anna
August 07, 2002 12:56PM
Well, meteora is an amazing place but you have to go early so as the monasteries close at 4 take long trousers and skirts keep covered when you go inside AND it takes 5 hours 4 you to drive there AND back!! I advise to go on the tour operators trips, and i can honestly say Alvia Travel is the tops, please believe me the guides are fab, this is based in the resort of kalithea or if ur tour operator is airtours/mytravel, olympic, libra book at the welcome meeting/ i had the best time as the airtours rep in pefcohori and hanioti last year and miss em all.... 4 the best fun cruise EVER U HAVE GOT to go on the LAZY CRAZY CRUISE the best i have ever guided in 6 years repping - please say hi to the crazy captain 'michealis' and his amazing PISTOLA from me!!!! and give TRACY the british guide a slap from me too!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login