A move to Halkidiki?

A move to Halkidiki?

Posted by Heather 
Heather
A move to Halkidiki?
July 15, 2002 11:55AM
Hi,

I have just returned from a fab 2 weeks in Halkidiki - our 2nd visit. I am more enchanted with the whole experience than i was before!

Next year we would like to stay for the whole 6 weeks summer holidays and just wondered if there is anyone reading this who could give me a few pointers. (The only thing stopping me living there permanently is my daughters schooling - unfortunately i don't know enough about the Greek education system and if they allow English pupils etc.)

However, for the time being we'll stick with the 6 weeks! How easy is it to get accomodation for a 6 weeks period and what would the approx cost be per week?
I have stayed in the Kassandra Palace hotel both times so anywhere along the main drag (Hanioti, Polihrono etc) would be ideal.

If there are any Brits reading this who have done what i want to do (including a perm. move) i would love to hear your experiences and if you thought it was the best thing you ever did!!!!

Thanks for reading this very long message!!

Heather
Rachel
Re: A move to Halkidiki?
July 19, 2002 04:46PM
Hi Heather,

I have just got back from a holiday in Hanioti - also my 2nd time in Halkidiki - I stayed in Kriopigi 2 years ago.

I also love the area and I am considering working there in the future for the Summer Period May - October.

I would also be interested to hear if anyone else has been there to work. I would preferably like to work in a Kids Summer Club - Was there one at the Kassandra Palace - if so any info/thoughts on it?

Awaiting replies..................
Heather
Re: A move to Halkidiki?
July 26, 2002 11:08AM
Hi Rachel,

Yes there is a kids club in Kassandra Palace and it's really good - they have their own club house, disco etc.

Let me know how you get on if you apply for any jobs and also if you do arrange to go for the summer.............Good luck
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login