Policrono

Policrono

Posted by Marcia 
Marcia
Policrono
June 10, 2002 12:27PM
Hi All

We are due to stay in the Nemos Studios in Poli(y?)crono at the beginning of September this year. Does anyone know these studios or the region? If so what is it like?

Thanks

Marcia
Kate
Re: Policrono
June 10, 2002 01:17PM
Hi there Marcia,

Depends on what you want to know about Polichrono, if I’m anything to go by I loved it that much I go back on 28th August to 4th September!

Polichrono has a beautiful long beach (although quite stony) the water is clear and it’s definitely one of the best beaches I have visited in Greece.

It’s a quiet village compared to Hanioti (about 5 mins away by taxi) but find this most ideal as you have the peace and quiet when you want it and can travel quite easily by taxi to the more ‘clubby’ areas.

In Polichrono there are about 3-4 supermarkets throughout the village centre, all the restaurants are pretty much all based on the main strip which is opposite the beach…

As I went early season there were still quite a few places still closed up – but as I was going home more and more bars, restaurants, shops were opening up.

Plenty of phone box’s around, phone cards cost 3 euros. You can get a decent meal for two for around 20 euros (including drink) Taxi’s are pretty much the same over here, cost us 5 euros to get to the next village Hanioti….

The alcohol is generously portioned and quite cheap (but not cocktails as I found out) The weather was beautiful in the 2 weeks I was there although we did have 3 cloudy/windy days but still warm…

I think that’s everything apart from they have monsterous bugs over there so take insect repellent and a rolled up newspaper !!

If you want to know anything else, just let me know.

Hope I have been of some help to you….

Kate
Marcia
June 10, 2002 03:53PM
Kate

Are you the same Kate who stayed at the Nemos Studios? If so, what were they like? We will be arriving on 5th September.

Thanks for the info.

Marcia
Kate
June 11, 2002 07:48AM
Hi Marcia,

Yeah I stayed in the Nemos Studios. Well kind of a mixed judgement, the studios were nice, very basic, but the layout of them were real pretty, the owners were nice (and you won't believe how well trained Bongo the dog is, you'll know what I mean when you stay there.!) but we did have a few problems such as the 2 ring plug in cooker gives you electric shocks (not just us but all guests, we asked) and the maid seemed to miss out our room when cleaning which we did complain about....

Apart from that I would stay again because it's situated in a nice spot right near the end of the strip with the lovely beach straight out in front, and the girl in the bar makes great Chocolate Milkshakes !!

Have a great time, anything else just send us a mail !

Kate
karen otter
June 14, 2002 03:39PM
i am going to policrono 1st - 8th of july and we are staying in the sun hotel thompson holidays love to know more infor and a map on polyschrono is ht etransfer from theessalonki far 2 hours need a map really someone please reply with some infor on the resort

cheers karen xxxxxx
Szilvi
June 20, 2002 07:06AM
To Kate
We will go to Polichrono on 27th August probably can meet. What do you suggest which place. Do you know where Tropical is?
Kate
June 20, 2002 08:18AM
HI Szilvi

I go back on 28th August so I meet see you out there !! yawning smiley) By the Tropical do you mean the Tropical Bar/Club?? if you do this is apparently a great club there in the summer - which I will be trying out - when I went because it was early season it ws very quiet, but apparently in August its a great atmosphere!!

If its clubs you want I do suggest Tropical bar in Polichrono, Blue bar in Hanioti, No No club and Bubbles club in Pefkahori. These are all very lively in the summer, and the alcohol is dirt cheap.

Anything else you want to know just send me an e-mail!!

Kate
Raphko
June 25, 2002 09:01AM
Hi there,

im going to Polychrono in july, do someone know if there is some internet cafe, i need it for sending pics from digital camera. And what about prices of that? Is it possible to burn CD there?

thanks

Raphko
john ovenden
August 29, 2008 04:26PM
can anybody tell me where the ATMs are in policrono
August 30, 2008 07:13AM
The only one is next at the bus stop on the main road that goes to Hanioti.

I tried it this year bit it wasn't working. There are other threads on this forum which have said that it doesn't work for British cards.
john.ovenden
August 31, 2008 11:49AM
are ther ATMs and or banks in Hanioti

are there regular buses and how far is it

john
August 31, 2008 12:15PM
There are about 3 ATMS in Hanioti, two in teh square and one near the big supermarket ont eh main road if I remember rightly.

Sorry cant help you about buses.
john ovenden
August 31, 2008 02:01PM
can anyone tell me how far it is from policrono to hanioti by foot

is the walking route suitable or attractive even

thanks

john
August 31, 2008 08:10PM
You can walk alone the beach road from Polichrono to hanioti, it would take you roughly 30 - 45 mins depending on how fast you walk
john ovenden
October 19, 2008 04:04PM
thanks lisa
that info was very useful

john
October 19, 2008 05:53PM
Your welcome John, i hope you enjoyed your holiday, i know I enjoyed mine!
steve and carol
February 05, 2009 05:38PM
hiya every1, itz my first post on here so pse be gentle with me, me and my wife are in polochrono 31/aug-14thsept. this year. never been before so any info wud be greatfully recieved. we are staying at halkidiki palace hotel,we enjoy a nice meal at nite with a bottle of wine..we like to laze the dayz away with a gud book and peace and quite, we are in our 50,s. so not interested in clubbing(ha ha). we have been to halkidiki before staying in fourka which we enjoyed enourmously, thought we wud try sumwere different,ave we dun rite ??? we enjoy spicy food too, thanks for taking the time to read this....bye for now............steve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login