Hanioti

Hanioti

Posted by Phil 
Phil
Hanioti
May 04, 2004 01:54PM
Well I've read the threads about The Old Tavern and The Hot Goblin and will be visiting these places during the last 2 weeks in May, but these sound like pubs to me and not restaurants are there any other names of good restaurants in Hanioti ?

Really looking forward to the hols now, what's the temperatures like at night ?
Nicola
Re: Hanioti
May 04, 2004 08:10PM
Hi Phil,

I went to Hanioti last year and im going back again in June, can't wait!!
I didn't try many restaurants as i was only there for a week, there is a lovely Italian in the square though. If you want to know what the others are like try www.holidays-exposed.com. There people give places they have visited marks out of five and a full decription which is a good idea. I hope you find it useful!!! Where are you staying?

Nicola
Nigel
May 05, 2004 08:28AM
Hi Phil,

There are plenty of eating places in Hanioti, you will be spoilt for choice.
Obviously there is the Italian as well as a chinese but there are plenty of tavernas and resturants providing excellent greek food. There a number situated around the square with also some just of the square. In the square there is Spiros which is good value as well as The Tropicana. Just down from the Tropicana is a resturant on your left which is also very good but I can't remember the name. Also there is Lesse steak House which is just of the square along with Summertime and kassandras which are also good but are slightly more expensive. There are also quite a few places to eat as you leave the square headinging towards the supermarkets passed Billy Bar These include Zorbas and Erodis next to the supermarket there are a couple of places to eat which are good along with the Prime Bar which is good for snacks and also a relaxing drinkand if youk keep going and you will come to the Old Tavern which I must say is good value.
Basically you could eat in a different place every night.

Also it's only 5 minutes to Polichrono and Pefkerhori in a taxi and there are some excellent places to eat. Some of the views are excellent as in the main the tavernas are on the sea front. "Bar Viva" in Polichrono is fantastic you eat upstairs and have a beautiful view across the sea.

May is a funny month it sometimes gets a little chilly on a night late on but still not cold enough for your winter woollies!!

Anything you want to know just get in touch. I'm off to the Vicky apartments in August.

Hope this helps

Nigel
Claire
May 05, 2004 09:48AM
Hi Nigel
Im off to Vicky in august too. When are you going? Have you stayed there before?
Claire
Phil
May 06, 2004 10:20AM
Thanks for the replies, can't wait now.

We're staying in the Naias Apartments, look nice and they're right on the beach which means no long journeys with the buggy loaded up !

The Italian place will keep my Wife happy whilst I'll be looking out for some more traditional Greek fare.
ivy
July 27, 2008 06:07PM
HI ANYONE GOING TO HANIOTI WE TRIED A LOT OF DIFFERENT PLACES TO EAT
BUT ONE NIGHT WE FANCIED A CURRY.WE WENT TO THE TAJ MAHAL INDIAN AND CHINESE RESTAURANT AND I WARN YOU NOW DO NOT GO THERE.WE WAITED AGES TO HAVE OUR ORDER TAKEN.WAITED AGES FOR OUR MEAL AND WHEN AFTER 40 MINUTES IT DID ARRIVE THA PORTIONS COULD HAVE FIT ON A TEA PLATE. I WENT TO THE LOO SITUATED RIGHT BESIDE THE KITCHEN AND THE WAITERS WERE LYING ABOUT LIKE LOPPY DOGS IT WAS UNTIDY AND DIRTY. IT'S THE ONLY PLACE WE HAVE
BEEN TO ANYWHERE ON THE MAINLAND OR ISLANDS WHERE WE HAVE LEFT HUNGRY ENOUGH TO WANT TO GO AND HAVE ANOTHER MEAL. WE WENT BEGINNING OF MAY AND IT WASN'T BUSY SO NO EXCUSE FOR POOR SEVICE OR STANDARDS.
Lola
July 29, 2008 06:59AM
Having being quite a regular to Hanioti I have to admit I have never eaten at the Taj mahal! I'm not really a big eater when on holiday and the thought of eating Indian food in that heat doesn't really do it for me! My husband however does love a good curry and I would definately reccomend the Indian restaraunt situated just by the Kassandra - sorry can't remember it's name! Food was lovely and really reasonably priced!
July 29, 2008 06:06PM
the indian restaurant just along from Stones restaurant is first class in service and quality of food served.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login