polichrono HELP!!

polichrono HELP!!

Posted by CATHY 
CATHY
polichrono HELP!!
April 19, 2004 04:54PM
HIYA ALL

we are visiting polichrono in a few weeks and would very dearly love to no what it is like. we have no experience of th MAIN land of greece and have always been to the islands round it we would eally love any information on polichrono so please would you give us some it would be very very very much appreciated. we have our doubts now about booking a holiday to polichrono so please would you give us some info to tell us otherwise are the beaches nice and we are going sef- catering so are there any nice resturants? we are staying in the appts Villa Panorama Appartments and apparently we are on a hillside on the out skirts of polichrono
please could you reply anyone who has the knowledge of Polichrono!!!!!!
Gary
Re: polichrono HELP!!
April 19, 2004 09:29PM
Villa Panarama is on top of a hill.(sorry!).Its a 5 minute walk into Polichrono.Many of the restaurants are along the front looking over the sea.I recomened 'Viva'restaurant,and if you want a snack during the day then i would say 'Bar Laska'.Polichrono is a typical Greek village,everyone is very friendly.There are alot of side-streets with Greek tavernas,all the restaurants & tavernas, nearly all have the same prices.
Villa Panarama is near to the main road,be carefull of the Greek drivers!.They drive a bit fast!!.The apts are very nice,it has a pool-side bar with snacks & plays music during the day and evening.
Any questions,dont be afraid to ask!.I used to work in Polichrono.
anna
April 20, 2004 08:09PM
hi, my boyfriend and i are going to polychrono at the end of may, have just read in a travel guide that the resort is very touristy. we had chosen it because the brochure described it as a tyical greek village. anybody been and know the truth perhaps?
sandie
April 21, 2004 05:04PM
We stayed at these aprts several years ago and had a great time, but do watch out for the hill up them, they aren't called panorama for nothing, polychrono is pretty plenty of bars and eating places, nice beahc. we are going back to halkidiki but to a different resort in june.
Jen
April 25, 2004 12:18PM
Hi,

Polichrono is slighty touristy, but based on a nice Greek village. It's lovely. The people are fantastic, eh Gary?

It's very romantic there, my other half proposed there last year.

We had a fantastic time. The beaches are superb!
Claire Cook
December 07, 2004 04:16PM
Hi

In my opinion Villa Panorama would be the best place to stay in Polichrono. My husband and I have been twice now and have gone back to VP. The family that run the place are brilliant and really friendly.

The hill to the hotel is quite steep but it doesn't last for long. It isn't a hassel going down to the beach either there is a busy road between you and the centre but there is a crossing at the bottom of the hill, and the beach is beautiful with a great view but not as nice as the one you get from the VP.

If you are going for a fortnight you could easily have dinner in a different place each night!

Have fun

Claire
Claire Cook
December 07, 2004 04:16PM
Hi

In my opinion Villa Panorama would be the best place to stay in Polichrono. My husband and I have been twice now and have gone back to VP. The family that run the place are brilliant and really friendly.

The hill to the hotel is quite steep but it doesn't last for long. It isn't a hassel going down to the beach either there is a busy road between you and the centre but there is a crossing at the bottom of the hill, and the beach is beautiful with a great view but not as nice as the one you get from the VP.

If you are going for a fortnight you could easily have dinner in a different place each night!
Vesna
July 18, 2006 11:24AM
i am going this year to polichrono, in Aspida Hotel....is it nice?
vesna
July 18, 2006 11:26AM
is it expensive there?
aedwardsandy
July 20, 2006 06:51PM
hi
have a grt time in polychrono, it all depends on what your looking for really . ive been three times in the last twelve months and going again 7th sept. i really apprececiate it. but it does depend on what your looking for , even from the panarama its only a short walk to the beach , which is lovely and the sea is so clean. at night its generally relaxed (no boom boom discos ) but loads of late night bars and loveley small resteraunts. but when there you must visit LASKAS ALL DAY BEACH BAR and say hello from andrew and colin to demi and pedro and monica and maria . tell them we will be back 7/09/06 and im sure they will make you most welcome have a gud one.im sure you will !!
July 21, 2006 06:56PM
i have been to Villa Panorama a few times and absolutely love it there. the hill is a bit of a killer - its known as cardiac hill! but you do get used to it and its well worth the walk up it for the VP! the family are great and Papas food is great! im hoping to go back myself but thomson dont have it anymore so if anyone could advise which company has it now id be greatful. i did hear that they were doing it themselves now direct but dont know how true it is.
Gary
July 21, 2006 07:38PM
Just to let Petros & Demmis at the 'Bar Laska Bar'. i'll be in Polichrono 7 september .
Get the beers ready !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sim
August 24, 2006 12:24PM
Hi,

I used to work in Polichrono and it was great. The place is lovely and the people are very welcoming.

The Villa P is one of the best hotels. I was a rep there and was made to feel like part of the family. I did loose about 3 stone though after 5 months of "that hill" but well worth a visit.

Thomson don't deserve to have the hotel in their brochure anyway so the VP will be better off on their own.

I lived at the Rodi (Brit Bar) on the beach and I would advise a visit down there aswell. Not sure if Marina still works there but she was lovely.

Enjoy

Sim :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login