Sweet Coffee Shop - Kriopigi

Sweet Coffee Shop - Kriopigispinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by Tasha7921 
Sweet Coffee Shop - Kriopigispinning smiley sticking its tongue out
July 16, 2013 03:55PM
Hey everyone smiling smiley
Where abouts in Kriopigi is the Sweet Coffee Shop I hear such amazing reviews for? I must go there when I'm in Halkidiki in 3 weeks! smiling smiley

Any info would be great smiling smiley

Thanks again, Natasha xox
Re: Sweet Coffee Shop - Kriopigispinning smiley sticking its tongue out
July 17, 2013 06:40PM
Hi, the Sweet coffee Shop is now called the Bistro. SAME PLACE, SAME OWNERS. It is on the main road on the left hand side going towards Hanioti. Opposite the Pharmacy and just before the periptero (kiosk).

It used to operate with tables all on the front, roadside. But that section is now closed and it has been extended. You go in the far entrance (well signed with menu board) and you can either sit inside or down the sides, at the Balcony on the back with views over to the sea, or on a lower balcony at the back

Of course I am biased, Morfy and Sakis have been our friends for many years and are almost family. Having said that, it is a nice place to eat, some very different dishes, and Morfy and Sakis will make you feel most welcome. We were last there in June, and at that time they had a live music night every Saturday, it may even be Saturday and Sundays in the real high season.

They still do crepes which was their start point several years ago, but the menu is now extended and includes amonst many other dishes minute steak, various Greek style dishes, home made pizza, loads of salads. A favourite of ours this year as a light accompaniment to our evening drinks was the stuffed vine leaves, stuffed with smoked ham and cheese, and grilled. Delicious.

You are welcome to go for just drinks, or indeed a meal and drinks. It would be a shame not to try one of the excellent dishes off the menu, and I bet if you go one day, you will return a few times during your holiday.

Please say hello to Morfy from Jane and Martyn. xx
July 17, 2013 08:56PM
Hi Jane and Martyn!

Thank you very much for your reply! Of course I cannot wait to go, I will say hello to them for you. So far from reading on this forum and even Trip Advisor many people mention Sakis and what such lovely people they are. I am due to fly out on the 12th Aug with my boyfriend (the holiday is his surprise birthday present), cannot wait to see his face when I take him to the airport! smiling smiley I am very eager to visit the now called 'Bistro'; thank you for informing me of the change! I am definitely wanting to endeavour into some of the greek food. The stuffed vine leaves sound divine. I was contemplating taking a cooking class that is offered by Chef Nikos too?

Sorry to be a bother but do you recommend any excursions or other places of interest? I do intend to take buses or taxis to the neighbouring resorts as well smiling smiley

Your reply is much appreciated.

Regards, Tasha xo
July 17, 2013 09:07PM
Tasha, I have sent you a pm, we can of course help with many suggestions as we have lived there long term and visited over a period of many years. Rather than take up all the forum, you can send me your particular questions and we will do our best to offer some good suggestions, and perhaps a little insight to some of the less touristy options.
A word you have used in your post has been banned from use. Please use a different word or contact the forum administrators.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login