A Week in Kriopigi - Spending Money

Posted by Damien 
Damien
July 01, 2013 10:25AM
Hello,

Me and my girlfriend are staying in the kriopigi region in mid July for a week. We have already booked and paid for the hotel, but we are struggling to decide how much spending money to take?

We would like to go on a couple of excursions, eat out as we are not all inclusive (however we wouldnt want to eat out every day), have a couple of drinks. Just the usual holiday stuff but nothing in excess.

Does anybody know roughly how much we should take between us?

Thanks,
Damien.
Re: A Week in Kriopigi - Spending Money
July 01, 2013 05:20PM
We buget about 100 Euros per day for two usually comes in under that about 500/600 for a week. Sometimes (well most times) we go crazy and spend a bit more, but a good starting point.
July 03, 2013 07:43PM
Budget for meals..depends on whether you want to eat a lot or a little, you can get a Giros and Amstel in Hanioti for €1.40 or a pizza for €11 which you won`t finish they are huge !! For around €70 you can spend half a day learning how to SCUBA (if you can`t already) dive with Triton Dive Club, My recommendation would be to book direct with Dimitris (0030)694477757. Mention my name, you might get a discount ! There are agencies for booking trips, The Mount Athos boat is good, takes all day, If you have time the caves at Petralonas is interesting, the ancient site at Olynthos is as well, Alexander the Great`s tomb is excellent,as is The Land Rover "Off Road" Trip. You must go to Sogambro`s reastaurant up in the Holomondas Hills above Polygiros. ..so much to do, so little time, but you can always come back for another holiday again and again, like so many people do !!
July 25, 2013 03:58PM
Hi David; what's the best way to go see the Petralonas Caves? Will be using buses and things but do you know anyone that does it as an excursion? Thanks
July 29, 2013 04:25PM
We went to Petralona caves by car, it was cheap to get in, and we tagged onto the end of a tour group, unfortunately all in German. But you don't need to hear, you can get a guide book and see for yourself. Another brilliant thing to do is visit Vergina, the tomb of Alexander the Great, about two hours from Kriopigi. Well worth it, fantastic museum set in an earth mound.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login