Questions and Information about Afitos in July

Posted by ClaireLudovaik 
May 31, 2012 01:45PM
Hello everybody I just found this excellent forum, my name is Claire and I write from Venice, Italy. I would like to ask you a few things concerning Afitos. Me and my family (my husband, 2 years old son and 5 years old daughter) will spend the last two weeks of July in Afitos (flying from Italy to Tessaloniki and back). I need to ask you a few things about our stay:
- how much would cost to take a taxi from Tessaloniky to Afitos? Would it be around 50 euros or more? Is it easy to find a taxi as soon as we arrive at the airport?
- otherwise is there a bus service which could take us directly to Afitos? How much would it cost?
- Is there in Afitos a Scooter rental service? If we decide to rent two scooters would we have problems in bringing our kids in the scooters with us? (I don't think we will have problems for our 5 years old daughter but I wonder if we would have problems for the two years old). If we decide to visit beaches like Nea Potidea, Pefkori, Kriopigi would the scooter be not safe (and so we'd better rent a car?)?
Thank you so much for your help!
Claire
Sarah Smith
Re: Questions and Information about Afitos in July
June 02, 2012 07:15AM
Hello
last year a taxi from thessaloniki was about 120 euros. There are buses but i dont know how much this would be and the frequency of them. As for hiring scooters, because of the age of the children i would recommend you hire a car. afithos is a beautiful village and i hope you have a good time smiling smiley
Eugenie
Re: Questions and Information about Afitos in July
June 04, 2012 06:56AM
Last year bus from Thessaloniki (KTEL terminal) to Afitos cost around 9.80 euros per person. Trabvel time 1.5 hours. The bus stop is located 1 km from the village centre.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login