baby biddy/ stray dog

baby biddy/ stray dog

Posted by mamashoe 
baby biddy/ stray dog
November 28, 2011 12:55PM
Hi, Is there any one out there in the Afitos area that travels to England by car or Van.
I want to bring a stay dog home. We were adopted by her in October and fell in love.
Friends of ours saw her in August and at that time she had a collar but now now no collar shes obviously been abandoned at the end of the season as so many are when the owners go back to there own countries.
At this time shes in good health and clean but who knows what the winter will bring.
First I would have to have her vacinated and organise her passport that will take up to three months.
If anyone is coming this way after March and could bring her only air travel is too expensive.
If anyone Knows anything about bringing animals home I'd love some information
I have been in touch with two animal sancturies and had no response.
If Ican't get her back here she would make a fabulous friend, guarddog,pet she is so loving so if you have room get in touch.
Re: baby biddy/ stray dog
November 29, 2011 08:04PM
Hi, well for a start from January 1st she can come straight over, takes about 2-3 weeks I think for the innoculations etc. as the passport laws are changing.

Julie at Halkidiki Animal Rescue (if you are on facebook you can join the page) knows the information on what you will have to do and how to do it.

Are you there until March and then coming back to UK? Or, is someone looking after her now?

Unfortunately we are back in UK having driven back last November, but lots of ex pats do drive backwards and forwards. There is a man in Fourka who I believe comes over once or twice a year, Julie would know his name as I cannot remember.

Good luck, don't give up on her, it will be much easier from January and I am sure someone can help.

There is of course also Greek Animal Rescue in the UK, you could ask them for advice and if they know anyone coming back to the UK early next year.

Jane
December 01, 2011 12:55PM
Jane,
Thank you for that information I have sent an email to julie at the animal rescue and wait a reply.
I'll let you know how we get on.
December 01, 2011 03:51PM
OK, good luck and I hope it works out well for this dog.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login