stones and billys bar

stones and billys bar

Posted by Richie 
stones and billys bar
June 28, 2011 06:41PM
hi there
anyone back from hanioti lately
just would like to know if stones resturant and billys bar are doing ok this year (hope so)
spent many good nights at both last year sadly cannot make it this year heard that nicks is up and running again
would be gratefull for any info
cheers
richie
LJ
Re: stones and billys bar
July 04, 2011 10:23AM
Stones was open both in May and last week when I visited, although didn't seem very busy. Can't recall passing Billy's Bar so can't help you with that one I'm afraid. Many of the restaurants are reporting less trade than last year. Although the streets are packed with people, the restaurants are quieter than normal with many chosing to self cater or eat more cheaply at the increasing number of snack places. A local told us there were now 25 gyros places in Pefkohori alone!
stephen and maureen
July 04, 2011 07:24PM
hi we have just been to hanioti june 13 till 27 nick bar is open he is ploding on without taffy who is not to well at this time so is not their went to billys and he is doing real bad at the monment said he was thinking of closing and making it into a shop but lets hope it picks up for him not to many british so not a lot of people drinking serbs and russian dont do bars they only walk about stone was open must say i did not go in so lets hope it dose not shust down all togeteher steve
July 04, 2011 09:38PM
hi stephen and maureen and to LJ
thanks for that info
does not sound good for the local resturant and bar owners which is such ashame as it is such a nice place
we where talking to alot of locals last year and they were all saying the same that the serbs and russians were taking over the hotels and appartments and do not spend money when they get there because they mostly do all inclusive but we are just as much to blame as tompson ect seem to be pushing the same thing never really fancied all inclusive we always do self catering lets hope it picks up for the locals before long as they such hard working and nice people

come on tompson ect pull your finger out
richie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login