Vourvourou or Olympiada

Vourvourou or Olympiada

Posted by andreea_c 
Vourvourou or Olympiada
May 16, 2011 07:36AM
We vould like to visit Greece in july (3-13). We will travel with small kids (under 2 years) an we are looking for a very quiet location propper for small childrens.
Our options are:
Olympiada vith Yasso Holyday appartments [www.yasoo-apartments.gr]
or
Vourvourou with Haus Platanos [www.halkidiki.com]

Please help us to decide.
What you recomend us?
Re: Vourvourou or Olympiada
May 17, 2011 05:49AM
I have been to Vourvourou twice last year. I have never visited Olympiada. Based on my experience, I believe Vourvourou would be a great place for a quiet vacation with small children. The beaches are beautiful with crystal clear water. The small bays are very shallow (good for kids who want to play in the water) and the water was very calm. There are a few nice restaurants on the road leading back to the beaches and some close villages with more fancy restaurants that serve excellent seafood.
May 17, 2011 01:24PM
Thank you.

I hope that I could get an answer also from someone who wisit Olympiada.
May 18, 2011 08:16PM
We stayed in Vourvourou in July 2 years ago and loved it. It's very laid back with a few good tavernas and masses of holiday accommodation! The beach is very long but if we weren't off sightseeing we would only go to Karidi beach which is absolutely stunning, beautiful white sand and perfect for little ones as the sea is very shallow and calm.
Vourvourou is a very long resort and although we were quite central (Rena apartments) it was a bit too far to walk to Karidi so we drove there most days and parked under the trees.

We didn't go to Olympiada but looking at the pictures on the internet it looks more like a proper village so might have a little more character than Vouvourou.

Good luck with your decision I know it's not easy choosing a resort.

Diane
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login