Money transfer

Money transfer

Posted by alanapp 
Money transfer
April 28, 2011 07:49PM
My son needs to transfer money from Greece ( Corfu) to U K what is the best way to do thia please. I think his bank is Nat West.Could he pay into a Greek bank to transfer to U K ? I understand this is a Halkidiki site but the kowlage on this site is second to none.
Re: Money transfer
April 29, 2011 07:25AM
We transfer money the other way all the time i.e. UK to Greece using a currency broker. They give the best rates and only charge a small fee.

Try Smart Currency to see if they work in reverse as well. He will need a Greek bank account though, or put the money in a friend's Greek account if he doesn't want to open one. The way it works is you buy the currency through the broker (the £s) then transfer the money (Euros) to their account and they pay the cash into your UK bank account. No idea if you can do it in reverse but worth asking them.

We use them all the time and the can definitely be trusted.

[www.smartcurrencyexchange.com]
Re: Money transfer
April 30, 2011 08:55PM
Another company to try is Moneycorp. We have used them previously to transfer from the UK but may be worth asking. It should also be relatively easy by using a Greek bank account providing they are helpful with the paperwork!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login