Anyone form the U K going to Halkidiki 2011 ?

Anyone form the U K going to Halkidiki 2011 ?

Posted by alanapp 
Re: Anyone form the U K going to Halkidiki 2011 ?
April 19, 2011 02:37PM
Hi there, We are going to Sani Beach Hotel at the end of May. We originally booked the Beach Club but Olympic Air pulled our flight and we had to change the day to a Monday, go with Ryan Air and are now booked in the Hotel. We are booked full board which I thought meant it included local drinks but now I'm not so sure. I guess my questions are:- does full board include drinks, snacks etc, if not is it worth up-grading locally to all inclusive. Hope to hear from anyone that's been recently to this particular resort as understand it's had a refurb or anyone going out at the same time. Thanks and Kind Regards S
April 20, 2011 08:22AM
Hi Lastking

I don't know anything about the Sani Beach Hotel, but I do know that full board does not include drinks, just meals. If the AI is a good deal then maybe worth upgrading as drinks (alcohol) is quite expensive out there, and as Sani is quite isolated it is not as if you have a bog resort to explore with lots of bars.

Probably worth checking if the local AI includes the bars around the harbour (I imagine not) as they are very nice for evenings out. Maybe someone else can help with the more specific questions....
April 20, 2011 11:11AM
Hi Carolinus

Thanks for coming back to me. I believe blimin Travel Republic had told me it included local drinks but I was beginning to doubt it. I will check out upgrade to AI when I get there. Sounds like you have been there before. From the forum there will be a couple of weddings when we are out there (end of May, early June) which is always nice. Wish them and us good weather.
April 20, 2011 11:22AM
I imagine weddings at Sani will be beautiful. I haven't stayed there, but have visited the bars & restaurants a few times, and it is a stunning location.

Enjoy!
April 20, 2011 01:25PM
Thanks Carolinus, we do intend to and can't wait to go.
April 24, 2011 10:00AM
We'll be coming back to polichrono for our 6th yr in june.
April 25, 2011 07:13AM
Just to check out the Cottage Pie ?
April 25, 2011 01:47PM
Will be arriving in Polychrono for the first time on July 2nd - would appreciate any advice and info on possible boat trips from you Polychrono veterans!smileys with beer
May 01, 2011 11:30AM
Where are u stopping mbyatt.
Mel
May 02, 2011 06:33AM
Hi everyone, we are visiting Halkidiki for the first time at end of May staying at the Kassandra Bay hotel in Kriopigi. It sounds like our ideal place, smallish village but hopefully with enough bars and restaurants to have a choice. Does anyone know if there is a currency exchange bureau or bank in the village. Any information about hotel or village would be much appreciated. Thanks.
May 02, 2011 10:06AM
we're staying at Nemos apartments - any info would be welcome
steve and maureen
May 03, 2011 08:13PM
yes myself and my wife are going to polichrono this june been going to halkdiki for many years cant wait hope to see all our freinds in hanioti pefkh and polichrone hope their are more british going this year was not many last year
steve and maureen
May 03, 2011 08:20PM
hi mel i have stayed at that hotel it is on a very step hill a long way down to the beach and a long way up to the resort but i must say i have only nice things to say about the people that run the hotel they are very nice people and it was a very quiet and peacefull hotel and yes once up the hill their ara bars and places to eat the acroplice was a very nice restaraunt but your only a taxi ride away to hanioti which is really great for a night out you will enjoy if you are fit
Mel
May 04, 2011 05:57PM
Thanks Steve and Maureen for the information. Very much looking forward to the break. Mel.
May 05, 2011 11:28AM
Only 4 more sleeps until we're off to Halkidiki! Staying in The Royal Kostas, Polychrono for the second time! Can't wait, just hope we have good weather!
angela
first time greece?
May 06, 2011 06:30PM
Hi we are going to polichrono on sept this year, never been to greece, we will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary while out there. any ideas on a nice place to dine out for that little bit special?

Also, what would you sugest on clothes wise, how hot etc, 12 sept 2 wks,
trips etc, and some of the costs involved??
thanks
angie
May 06, 2011 10:29PM
first time to greece, sept for our 25th wedding anniversary, any advice as what to pack, etc, places to visit, etc, cant wait, so excited!
we will be staying at the royal kostas apts?
what do i pack etc.
thanks
steve and maureen
May 08, 2011 12:12PM
yes we are going to halkdiki in june 13 from newcastle been goint ot halkdiki for many years cant waith to see all my freinds 5 weeks to go
steve and maureen
May 08, 2011 12:16PM
were are staying at the royal kostas in june if it is your 2nd time it must be ok would like to know what you think of the appartments thanks and i hope you have a great time steve and maureen because i know we will we have been to halkdiki many time sand are looking forward to seeing all our freinds
Cath
May 08, 2011 05:04PM
Hi,

We're flying out to Sani Beach Hotel on 23rd May for 2 weeks. We're actually get married out there! :-)

The Sani Beach Hotel has just undergone a refurb. There are 4 hotels on the site (Asterias Suites - very exclusive and expensive, Beach Club, Beach Hotel and Porto Sani Village). There is also the marina. The Beach Hotel is about a 5 minute walk to the marina. It is 4*5* depending on which brochure you book through. Family have been before (one of the reasons we decided to book the wedding there) and said the staff cant do enough for you and it really is a special place, great food, lovely people and great beaches.

I have all the menus through for Sani and have to say it is expensive!!!!! Prices range depending what you want but bottles of wine are very expensvie but the local wine isnt too bad. We are currently half board but may upgrade to all inclusive. I guess it depends what sort of holiday you want. There are lots of cocktail bars etc there but would need to check what you get for the all inclusive package as it might not be available in all bars/restaurants.

Might see you there!!!!
Cath
x
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login