Pefkohori

Pefkohori

Posted by Rita 
Dan Reese
Re: Pefkohori
August 24, 2006 11:12AM
Hi Rita, thanks for replying. We spoke to the tour operator about an hour ago and they said that the fires are ten mins away by car from alia palace is this incorrect? We also spoke to Alia palace and they said they havent been touched. I know Alia Palace is surrounded by trees have these not been burnt.

By the way what is Alia Palace like? I have read a few reviews which suggest that it doesnt deserve the 4 star rating.

Thanks

Dan
Jenny
August 24, 2006 12:50PM
Have been there for the last two Septembers (late) and the weather has been gorgeous. The resort itself is starting to run down and some of the shops don't open but it is ideal for a late relaxing break. All the restaurants etc stay open. Jenny
tanya
August 24, 2006 06:55PM
Dear Rita can you tell me something about Kriopigi? Is there any fire? I' m leaving this night from Romania (i'm on my honey moon) and i'm going to stay to the Palladium Hotel. Do you know anything about it? Thanks in advance!
Rita
August 25, 2006 01:11PM
Kriopigi was not affected at all by the fire, friends staying there said there is no problem.

Alia Palace escaped any damage even though its in the hills, I havent been up there as I live near the beach and also have a small hotel so I dont really go into other hotels . From here it looks fine, its got a fantastic view, great pool, but I cant tell you anything about the rooms or its service. The air has definately cleared, the village is fine.hope that helps
Shirley
Re: Pefkohori- Pella Studios
August 25, 2006 03:27PM
Can anyone give me the conact details for the Pella studios- stayed there earlier this year and loved it - the owners where great and the studio apartments the cleanest I have ever stayed in and a lovely atmosphere to boot.

Many thanks
Ivan
August 29, 2006 05:52PM
What the weather like in pefkohori in the second part in september? I will going there with my family from the 13rd september.
Big HI from Serbia.
Ivan
August 29, 2006 06:01PM
Does somebody now what the weather like in Pefkohori in the second part in september? I will going there with my family from the 13rd september.
Big HI from Serbia.
THANKS
andy & hellen
August 30, 2006 07:07AM
rita

has the rain caused much damage to the village? we are hearing all sorts of horror stories over here.

still looking at coming over the first week in october, will things be pretty much back to normal?

how's pertros? hope emelia is coping too. say hi to all for us

hope to see you in october

luv

andy & hellen
charlotte dillon
Re: Pefkohori petridis apartments
August 30, 2006 09:34AM
Hi Rita, am due to be flying out tomorrow, what is the weather likeover there? Do you know if the Petrids apartments are ok weather wise? Thanks, charlotte and greg

Rita
August 30, 2006 02:28PM
Hi,
Yes, we did have alot of rain, but there were no floods to the point of causing damage. The beach did look a little black yesterday but today it is fine, I went swimming and the weather is still glorios.

Petridis appts. are fine. Good location, good pool area, not much happening at night at the hotel but all bars on the front will still be going.

Hi Hellen & Andy
Petros back at work and doing o.k but dont know if he will still be there in Oct. wans to finish early this year.
luv R
linda burelli
September 01, 2006 08:46AM
We stayed at the Aeollos Apartments in Aug 2006 for two weeks it can get very noisy so you would need earplugs rooms are clean and basic.Themis /Rita come across as being nice as long
as you eat and drink there not much to do in PEFKOHORI the beach gets very packed with the locals i would not be going back
marija
September 01, 2006 09:52PM
I am going in Pefkohori Sep. 10? Does somebody know what the weather like in Pefkohori? Does somebody know how look like vila Eliza?
Mark & Jan
September 03, 2006 07:18PM
Just arrived back from staying at the Aeollos apartments. Good location for beach. Rooms were clean, but some towels were like loofahs. Bar staff here were really lovely, very friendly. Not sure why the management have to hold your passport for your entire stay with them.... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED PLACES TO EAT. a lovely family run taverna called Elia. which you will find in the old square next to a small church. We ate there most nights. Great food and lovely people, can't give enough praise. Another place is right on the corner just down from the Aeollos apartments. Can't give you the name as it is spelt in Greek. Has a blue boat sign. Food here is fantastic. In the resort of Pefkohori there is little to do. Two nights of looking round and you have seen it all. The beach, we found to be very dirty with lots of litter, even before the fire and flood.
Philip Young
September 07, 2006 08:15PM
When I booked this holiday i wanted a small Greek family run apartment/hotel near the sea this is exactly what I got from Aeollos apartments
My first time I met Themis I thought he would help me enjoy my holiday.
all the staff were spot on and they went out of their way to help nothing was a problem
We went as family there were 7 of us,Me and my family plus my brother and wife plus 2 kids
Themis And Rita went out of there way to get a birthday cake and balloons for the three kids this night me and my brother drank him out of John Smiths Themis had to unlock my brothers room door so we could throw him in
Themis and Rita put on a BBQ night which we all enjoyed plus the kids enjoyed the disco night
Themis was a star when we were evacuated due to the fire he went out of his way to look after most the guests taking us to the lagoon to safety where we met his family we all slept on the beach
geezer
Pefkohori
September 09, 2006 07:52PM
Hello...

We're off to the Ammon Garden Appartments on Thursday and really can't wait...

Has anyone got any pictures of the Hotel and the surrounding area...I can only find a couple on the interweb!!!

Willem
September 10, 2006 06:10AM
Rita Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello,
> Been for a walk on the beach this
> morning and its fine, the ash has stoped and there
> is major cleaning going on. The only evidence of
> fire in Pefkohori is the woodlands, and hilltops
> which look black.
> Alia Palace suffered no damage as a hotel but it
> is up in the hill, so the surroundings (not close)
> have been destroyed. Speak to the owners for more
> info if you can.
>

Hallo Rita,
Good to know that my dear Pefkohori is in good shape!
Everything Ok witch you and your famely?
Take care
Regards, Willem
Willem
September 10, 2006 06:23AM
Oh, and click on this link: www.finspiratie.com
Push the "reageer" botton for a reaction.
Willem
janet
September 10, 2006 06:42PM
arrived back from aeollos apartments on thursday 7th sept and wish we could have stayed. the apartment we stayed in had a seperate bedroom with its own balcony and the main room also had a really large balcony. the rooms were lovely, we were really impressed, there were 4 of us 2 adults 1 teeenager and a 12 year old and we found them to be brilliant . themis and rita go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your hols and were really friendly. we ate at different places as well as the hotel. dont miss the sunday roast or bbq at the hotel absolutely superb!!! we found the resort to be lovely a lot of friendly people and felt we were abroad as the english were in the minority. the beach was lovely as was the sea, it hasnt been affected by the fire and the resort is untouched. hello to laura behind the bar,good luck at uni from hannah. oh and the weather was fantastic, we would definately go back!
Draza
September 11, 2006 02:42PM
hello!amy and holly send me mail!!!pefkohori(golden beach and balaza)
September 13, 2006 04:46PM
comin to pethcohori tonight,arrive in the mornin,can anyone tell me if i need an umbrella.
ta.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login