Whats happening nowadays in Fourka ?

Posted by olive wood 
September 07, 2010 10:49AM
Hello Everyone

It's been nearly 4 years since my last visit to Fourka. Use to go twice a year. We always stayed in private apartments on the end of town (past Australia). We've missed our visits, circumstances beyond our control.
Anyway, the family want to have a holiday away together next year (July) and have asked me to arrange the apartments.
All we want is places to eat, lovely beach and able to chill on an evening with the grandchildren. Im wondering if the area might be a little too quiet though.

So, please what is happening in Fourka nowadays?
Are any of these businesses, and the people who owned them 4 years ago, still trading...
Iris cafe (owned by Tasula and her hubby, he made a mean chicken dish...hmmm) ?
The seafood restaurant, next to the sea (near the nightclub), run by Alky and his family (Seafood platter always a firm choice)?
The Chill Out Bar, at the Litsa Apartments?
Jimmy's, at the Hotel Australia?

Any help most appreciated. Thank you
Re: Whats happening nowadays in Fourka ?
September 07, 2010 03:03PM
[www.halkidiki.com]

See this thread, although if you look a bit further down the list you will see a heading of Fourka anyway.
Re: Whats happening nowadays in Fourka ?
September 08, 2010 08:20PM
Hi Olive unfortunatley it's not the town it used to be the only night life while we were there was all Russian many of the bar's are not what they used to be and a ghost town feel to the place restraunts are still there only very quiet we sat out on the beach for a hhill out and within half an hour we had about 5 eastern european familys almost sat on our towels despite there being about half a mile of clear beach.

Still Fourka but not as you knew it (sorry ! I know we were)

Phil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login