House for rent this winter ?

Posted by Adrian 
Adrian
August 30, 2010 06:33PM
Hi!

I would like to rent a house for this winter (6 months) or long term. Any suggestions?
What's the situation on oil heating? Could you tell me about the overall price for, say, a 80-90 sqm house ? Or any indication on prices.

I'll be in Sithonia next month.

Thanks,
Adrian
Re: House for rent this winter ?
August 31, 2010 07:07AM
Hi, are you only interested in sithonia?

We are currently renting a three storey house in Possidi, Kassandra. It is half a mile from the sea through olives groves (you can drive thro) one way, and two miles from the other side of the beach.

We originally rented for two years, but are leaving in Oct for health and financial reasons. The owner is visiting us on 11 sept to check the house so if you are interested we could find out her estate agent details or other contact details then.

If you want more info pm me.

Regards
Jane
Adrian
September 01, 2010 05:58PM
Hi, Jane!

Thanks for the reply. I don't know how to pm you.

I saw your post about the house. 4500 a year, set for next year, maybe negociable and I am interested.
I would like to see photos of the house and surroundings, if it's all right with you.
My wife and I were planning to move to Greece in October, and your post seems to us like a sign from above. smiling smiley

We will arrive in Halkidiki on Sept. 9, and we can definitely come there on Sept. 11, to talk to the owners or to the agency. What kind of contract is it? I know the Greeks sometimes prefer not to register contracts.

Also, I'd like you to tell me as honestly as possible the cost of heating. What's the situation there ? Oil? Electricity? We are puzzled about the lack of information on that.

Does the house have internet access?
What is the cost of running the house, normally ?

By measuring distances on Google Earth, I know aproximately where your house is. The area does look lovely. But what is like during off-season?

My e-mail is adrian.foltea at gmail dot com
You can reply there and we will tell you more about our plans, and perhaps you might advise us. We would really appreciate some help, especially from someone who has lived there for such a long time.

Really looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,
Adrian and Ana
Adrian
September 01, 2010 06:11PM
O, my!

I've just re-read your post about the house and I realize I completely missed out the part about "central heating is by oil" and so on, and now I feel like a moron. smiling smiley)
And I didn't ask about the surface.

We're waiting for the reply, with fingers crossed.

Adrian and Ana
September 03, 2010 05:34AM
Hi Adrian and Ana, sent you an email.

Then I saw your third post !! Moron here too..... What do you mean about surface?

There is also a nice big fireplace in the lounge so you can have a nice roaring log fire.

Hope to hear from you soon

Jane
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login