Expert Advice Needed

Expert Advice Needed

Posted by TZ 
TZ
Expert Advice Needed
July 08, 2010 03:42PM
Hello,

This is about the homiest of forums I have been to. So, please, excuse my breaking inwinking smiley From your posts it seems that you are very familiar with Halkidiki area and have been here numerous times.
Since I am going to visit this peninsula FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME this August, could you, please, share some expert advice with me on the following topics:
Is there a direct bus from Kriopigi to Thessaloniki city centre?
What is the beach like in Kriopigi, is there any need for beach shoes?
Are there any one-day island cruises available from Kassandra?
Thank you very much in advance.
Re: Expert Advice Needed
July 09, 2010 04:54PM
Hi TZ

Yes there is a bus that goes from Kriopigi to Thessaloniki centre, they are ok but sometimes a bit unreliable, Kriopigi beach is clean and very nice, beach shoes are a good idea but it is pretty sandy in places, one cruise I know about is the mount Athos cruise which runs daily but from Sithonia which is on the next pennisula over.
Hope this is some help any more questions please ask.

Steve
TZ
July 09, 2010 08:15PM
Dear Mr Steve,
Thank you very much for your help!
Could you just, please, specify the word "unreliable"? Is the meaning "it doesn't run regularly" or "you'd better not use it" or something elsesmiling smiley? Sorry, for bothering.
July 10, 2010 01:41PM
He more than likely means "it doesnt run regularly" lol....apart for that they are ok xx
July 16, 2010 11:52AM
The bus service to Thess. uses very nice,air-conditioned busses, the un-reliable bit refers to the fact that, due to the traffic, & the single track road from Nea Moudania southwards, they tend to run on G.M.T. (Thats Greek Maybe Time) the roundabout in Pefchohori is something the Greeks just have not got to grips with yet..all over the worl,:- give way to traffic on the roundabout, works well..in Pef..give way is not in anyones vocabulary, so oft=times, the traffic just grinds to a halt, the busses get caught up in it.
The upshot is, if the bus is due on the hour, you might have to wait anywhere between one minute and one hour for the thing to arrive..a bit unreliable !!!
July 17, 2010 11:33AM
Yes thats exactly what I meant by unrelieable
TZ
July 27, 2010 06:05PM
Thank you all!!
The bus was usually only about 15-40 minutes late, so that was fine. The greatest challenge was to stop it, while it was speeding past the stop!smiling smiley We had to both wave our hands and jump on the roadwinking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login