6 weeks and counting!!

6 weeks and counting!!

Posted by alansal 
alansal
6 weeks and counting!!
May 10, 2010 05:32AM
The sun is shining in England!!
Its 6 weeks today till holidays (please no hitches!!)
Greek night booked-yay!!
Holiday clothes fit-even bigger yay!!!
Lets hope this Great country of ours can sort itself out this week and not make any changes that make me worse off before June 22nd!!
Roll on June 22nd-we spend our lives wishing time away!!
Sally
Re: 6 weeks and counting!!
May 10, 2010 04:02PM
6 weeks to go for us as well.
Lets just hope this volcano does not cause us problems
May 10, 2010 04:23PM
East Mids. 6 Weeks. Cleopatera's . Me and Wife. 20th time to Halkadiki. Wishing life away with you.
May 10, 2010 04:33PM
Wheres Cleopatera's?
May 10, 2010 05:49PM
Main road. Hanihoti.Near Matsutis super market near Hanihoti Village Hotel
May 10, 2010 07:08PM
6 wks today will be there,cant bloody wait.
May 10, 2010 08:42PM
Where you staying p.norman
London Judy
May 10, 2010 09:00PM
I'm due to fly out (with BA) on 23rd May. It's been a worrying few weeks with Volcanic ash, Greek airport closures and now BA strikes. Fortunately it sounds likes Gatwick flights will be unaffected so if the volcano behaves itself we should make it. Then again my friend did send me a news clip saying the larger nighbouring volcano looks likely to blow!!! How did travel get so stressful? Good luck everyone!
May 12, 2010 05:00PM
Staying at the ammos for a change.Usually stay at the fanis but circumstances have forced a switch.
May 12, 2010 07:41PM
We leave on Monday 17th May, hoorah !!
This will be our 3rd time to Halkidiki . First time stayed at Kriopigi , then Royal Kostas apartments in Polichrono, this time we are also at Ammos apartments in Polichrono barring volcanic ash and strikessad smiley
May 13, 2010 08:32PM
Swinton traveller,will u let us know what the ammos is like plz and prices for food/alcohol/air con.
May 13, 2010 10:25PM
p.norman
Swinton traveller,will u let us know what the ammos is like plz and prices for food/alcohol/air con.

will do.
May 13, 2010 10:32PM
7 weeks for us. Also stopping at Ammos Studios. Would love to get feedback.

I'm hoping the volcano behaves until we arrive. It can do what it wants after that. I'm sure we won't be too disappointed if we are stuck in Polychrono.
Royal Kostas
June 01, 2010 09:53PM
Me and my hubby are thinking of booking the Royal Kostas apartments - could anyone who's stayed there let us know what they thought, good, bad and even the ugly......or can anyone suggest somewhere better. I don't walk very well and sometimes have to use a wheelchair (even though I hate it). We don't know much about the area so anything you can tell us would be great. The area sounds like just the sort of place we love. Looking forward to hearing from you.
June 02, 2010 05:21PM
The Ammos studios are perfect for couples and friends, wouldn't really recommend for families as the pool area is tight.
I have done a review on Tripadvisor with pics which won't be up yet.

Prices:- Aircon , 5Euros per day
large Mythos 2.50Euros
Ice cream 1 Euro
cheese toastie 2 Euro
Greek salad , 4.50Euro

happy hour 8pm-10pm, cocktails 3.50Euros.

Christina and Vangelis were the friendliest owners we have ever met in all our 20+ years of travelling to Greece.
We would definitely go back there.

bellabella- we had previously stayed at Kostas on our last visit to Polichrono. there is another new block of apartments now added to the already existing two blocks, The pool has been extended and is much larger now ( I think they must have got rid of the pebble floor now thank goodness). The original block has been renovated with new shutters and windows.
It was very popular with couples and families. After seeing the renovations we wouldn't hesitate to give it another try.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login