Polichrono, booking direct

Posted by mancrunch 
January 11, 2010 06:28PM
Hi everyone, 1st post so be kind.

Went to Polichrono 2 yrs ago and loved it, stayed at the Summer Dream Hotel, wanted to go back this summer but unfortunately their not sure if they're staying independent this year, so cant book.

What i'm after is some suggestions on other accomadation, plan to book flights direct again around 25th July for 2 weeks.

Do really like a pool and room only. Doesn't have to be in Polichrono, but we did rather enjoy it there. Didn't like Hanioti much, far to busy for us. But do like a nice beach.

Thanks
pipicure
Re: Polichrono, booking direct
January 23, 2010 06:43AM
i want to know which is the price for 7 nights starting with 7 june 2010, for two adults and two childs. with or without food.thanks a lot!
January 24, 2010 04:33PM
We are hoping to go to Fanis apartments in Polychrono again this year. They are going independent this year.

They are situated on the front.

Can any one suggest any cheapflights, transfers for between 21 June to 12 July,

Who are Summer Dream going with this year?
Phil
January 24, 2010 04:57PM
Try B.A book now and get a flight from Gatwick to Thessaloniki for less than £350 for two persons, I know I've already booked.By the way Hotel Summer Dream was closed last year, why? I dont really know,But try the Fanis or The Nemo both are on the beach and are good quality accomodation for tha area. I'm going in June so the price of the flight is the best you can get. Best of luck Phil....
January 24, 2010 08:29PM
HI, Is that direct.
What about transfers@
January 25, 2010 09:06AM
Phil

I went to the Summer Dream last year in June, they only opened June, July and August last year.

The hotel was up for sale last year but I know they had had offers from travel companies for the rooms. Probably the best place I've stayed at in Polichrono.

Mancrunch

The Elsa Hotel in Polichrono is ok, its about 200 yrads further along the road from the Summer Dream.

Regards.
January 25, 2010 08:49PM
Thanks iaitch,

have emailed for a price.
I have also looked at the Hotel Akrogiali. Do you know anything about them.

Also what is the cost now of a taxi from Thessaloniki and back. wondered if it was cheaper to rent a car one way and drive.
john k
January 25, 2010 10:48PM
Hi
The price of a taxi is about 50 euro you can catch a bus from airport to Ktel bus station and from there to Polycrono its a regular service for 10 euro.
John K
January 26, 2010 07:45AM
Mancrunch

The Akrogiali is up the side road between the Nefeli and Aypa, don't know much about it but have eaten in the restaurant and the food is ok.

I emailed the Summer Dream yesterday to find out their availability but no reply yet.

Regards.
January 26, 2010 08:36AM
If you find out anything about Akrogiali will youl et me know.

We often have meals there. I would say one of the best eateries in Polychrono
January 26, 2010 01:15PM
john not sure when you last got a taxi but i would expect to pay 70 or 80 euro each way to polychrono unless you can send me a good contact.

phil
January 26, 2010 10:16PM
Hi Mancrunch

why not try the Nostos hotel/apartments they are in Kalithea, its a great place with lovely pool and views, I think you can still book direct with them or as package.

Good Luck and happy hols !!
January 29, 2010 11:19AM
PD

The Akrogiali has its own website, link below:-

[www.hotelakrogiali.com]

Looks upmarket to me.

Regards.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login