No more sewage into the seas of Halkidiki

Posted by Tom 
Tom
December 26, 2009 12:48AM
Hi,

I am very happy to share the information that there will be no more sewage into the seas of Halkidiki from the community of Sithonia. Now they have finally invested in a new sewage treatment works ! We are a lot of people that have struggled for this, and sometimes the winds have gone towards us.

Take care of the environment: Don't throw litter in the nature as well as on the beaches and please be very carefull with the fire!

A Merry X-mas and a Happy New Year!

/Tom
Re: No more sewage into the seas of Halkidiki
December 27, 2009 04:41PM
Great News. Now as you say we just need people to throw their litter in the many many bins, and not leave it to others to pick up after them. Halkidiki is beautiful and those who visit should do their best to keep it litter free (I know lots of Greeks also litter, and they need to clean their act up too).

Now there is a proper sewage system and many new build houses, does that mean an end in sight to the horrible toilet paper bins, can we flush paper yet........................
Tom
December 29, 2009 03:23PM
Hi,
I don't think we'll get rid of the "Paper-in-the-Bin-System" by this. I agree, It is not so nice, but on the other hand its is very good for the environment to do this kind of sorting, is'nt it? Well anyway, this was an attempt to look at it from a postive side...smiling smiley
January 23, 2010 05:04PM
hmmm, not so sure about that Tom ! I would love not to have to go traipsing to the bin every day, twice a day, with a bin full of ughhh paper !! I understand about the old houses and sewage system, but now there is a new one and where we rented last time was connected to it and a fairly new build, I think it ought to bring Greece up to the standards of other EU countries on that count.

Our next rental is only five years old, but still the old lady renting it to us had horrors at the thought of paper going down the loo ! Oh well, at least the bins are emptied most days not every two weeks like here in UK.

Have a great summer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login