Man with a van

Man with a vansmileys with beer

Posted by Jane 
Man with a vansmileys with beer
October 25, 2009 04:44PM
Hi

I know there is a man with a van over there, but just cannot find the past messages!

We will need some help when we come over Feb/March time. Basically we will probably need to bring from Thessaloniki a small fridge, a 3 seater settee and a large wooden box (disassembled of course) which our motorbike arrived in.

Can man with van please contact me, or anyone else who has his contact details let me know.

Thanks so much
Re: Man with a vansmileys with beer
October 26, 2009 01:26PM
Hi Jane
I hope you are well.
I used a guy called Robby the man with the van,i think his name was mike robinson but every one called him robby , not sure if he is still in halkidiki sorry i have not got his mobile number but the e-mail was mik.robby@virgin.net.

How long before you move out, had no luck with a good price for the bike, so i mioght just end up buying one when i am out there.
Phil
October 27, 2009 05:37PM
Thank you Phil, will try him

We went with our local exporter, again. As they did such a good job last time with a brilliant made to measure box we thought we would use them again, but this time recycle the box for the return journey, whenever that may be !

We bought our Silverwing out there in 2007, but it was very expensive and of course you cannot buy easily second hand. We managed to get a really good deal on a Burgman that was under a year old and about £2000 under recommended price for the year, so we thought that would easily cover the shipment and we have a really nice bike.

The silverwing was lovely but in a fit of pique at our landlord we sold everything and came back, only to find a month later we wished we had stayed and just looked around for somewhere else! Oh well you live and learn !

Bye for now, keep in touch
John k
October 28, 2009 07:40PM
Hi
I have an appartment in Polycrono and wondered the cost of shipping a bike can you please advise (BMW F650)

John K
October 29, 2009 07:49AM
We got various quotes from various companies, but went with a local one in Derbyshire. The quotes ranged from around 600 (wrapped in bubble wrap) through to over 1200 collected from home and delivered to home in Halk. Our local one delivers to Thessaloniki via Mondial, a company we have used before for shipping a bike over. So we need to collect, but it is in a made to measure box which is being screwed together so we can disassemble and use it for the return. We paid 900, but the box was 200, so the return should be cheaper. If you want to PM me I can give you contacts we tried.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login