Fourka 2009

Fourka 2009

Posted by marian 
Fourka 2009
September 26, 2009 11:29AM
Hi

Has anyone been to Fourka this year?

We didn't get to go this year but wondered how it has been. I know places were moving and closing etc when we were there last year.

Hoping to ? go back next year but wonder what we will go back to.

Thanks if you can help.

Marian
Re: Fourka 2009
October 04, 2009 06:52AM
hi marian..we stayed in fourka 4 years ago and ad a great time(christina apts)we were in polichron the .1st 2 weeks of sept...but with all the travel operators pulling out we cudnt get 2 fourka this year........we hired a car and ad 2 go and see wot fourka woz like this year...very very disturbed about the place...full of eastern eurupeans..very very quite...very dirty and run down...it eally upset us to see it like it is now..
October 04, 2009 10:14PM
Hi Marian we were in Fourka in June and September, the town is not what it used to be the whole place is full of Russians the bars are busy but you feel out of place being English.
The Tavernas are very quiet due to the hotels that are open being all inclusive.
There really is just no atmosphere anymore shame as we used to love the place.
We now stay in Skioni nice quiet town good tavernas nice beach and the local's are really pleased to see english people.
regards
Phil
aj
October 05, 2009 12:45PM
hi phil where did you stay .when we were there last year the only place that was busy was the beach in the day night time no body in bars or tavernas i thought only the julia was ai only for russians cheers aj
October 12, 2009 08:38PM
Hi Aj we stay with friends in Skioni and drink in the bar's with the locals the Black bar is our favourite like watching a soap opera in Greek always entertaining.
There are three Hotels in Fourka doing AI for the Russians Julia , Ariva next door and the new Olympic on the way in from Kasandra also lot's of eastern european's in the town.

We were in town a few times on the beach and in the tavernas and never saw another brit not a problem for us but the atmosphere in some of the bar's was a little uneasy at times.

regards
Phil
October 13, 2009 08:24AM
I went to the beach at Babe Watch in Fourka in both early July and early Sept.

In July it was really busy, I didn't notice the nationality of the people there, although I didn't hear any English voices. In Sept it was really quiet, there were only about 10 of us in the whole area!

The whole of Halkidiki has become very Eastern European dominated in recent years, I would say there are even more Serbians, Russians etc than there are Greeks now, which is a shame. I don't mind there not being too many English (I am surrounded by Brits at home!) but I would prefer the majority to be the nationality of the country itself, rather than feeling like I am in Eastern Europe!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login