restaurants

restaurants

Posted by stevvieboy 
restaurants
August 26, 2009 09:15AM
we arrive on monday at the halkidiki palace in polichrono for 14 dayz holiday....cud you please point us in the right direction please....were is the best fish restaurants.....chinese...and indian......we luv greek food too and were would you reccomend for that please.....tks.....
Re: restaurants
August 26, 2009 04:59PM
Hello Stevvieboy

For fish try Stork Restaurant just off the square in Hanioti, Fish Platter for 2 was 25 euros with wine, well nice when we were there, Akropolis in Kriopigi on a saturday for a fantastic real Greek Night but book as it gets busy, there are loads of other good quality places about and reasonable prices, you just have to look around, as for Indian or Chinese I cant really help there.
August 26, 2009 05:37PM
There are plenty of nice restaurants in polychrono.if u want steak go to viva,fish go to gallini if u want cheap go to george's and if you want english greasy spoon go to the cockney cafe.
August 27, 2009 04:25AM
naaaaaaaaaaaa.... dont want steak or greasy spoon....
August 27, 2009 05:58AM
Will you have a hire car, bike or be using the bus, there are loads of nice Greek restaurants a bit further afield. Sorry I know nothing of Polichrono restaurants though.
August 27, 2009 02:29PM
Plastics man,your in trouble now
John K
August 27, 2009 09:33PM
Just returned after a month in Polycrono there are no chinese or indians in the village, there was a chinese in hanioti but it is not open this year there is an indian and an indian/chinese there which are easy to find.

John K
August 28, 2009 09:18AM
There is a Chinese in Pefkohori but not sure it is worth the trip! Most of the restaurants are Greek and International i.e. they do traditional Greek food plus chicken fillets, steak, pizza, pasta etc.

In my experience it is not really worth going to Chinese or Indian restaurants in Greece (particularly in the tourist areas) as the chefs are usually Greek rather than Chinese or Indian, so it is not the same as we are used to!

Stick to what they do best - yummy moussakas, Greek salads, souvlaki etc....
August 28, 2009 05:35PM
there used to be a 'indian ' type restaurant,very close to 'stones' restaurant run by Banladeshi staff
and i always enjoyed their food...not sure if still in business
September 01, 2009 04:22PM
Why eat Indian or Chinese when in Greece anyway, there are enough of them all year round at home
September 01, 2009 11:29PM
MR STEVE...i've had this kind of discussion previously....and going by your reasoning

people should'nt drink scottish whisky or american beer or coca cola just becausr there on holiday

for me that does'nt work i want to enjoy my food/drink wherever i'm lucky enough

to be on holiday.
September 02, 2009 06:07AM
Always seems a shame to me that people don't try enough of the local foods where they go on holiday.

For me, and it is a personal thing, I look forward to eating the food of the country I am visiting.

Another point is that I have heard from other holidaymakers that the interpretation of Indian, Chinese whatever dishes abroad is never the same as what we are used to in the UK anyway.

I think Brian the Gent that citing Scotch Whisky and American Cola is not quite the same thing because drinks are universally consistent and have such a large variety compared to that made in Greece, although I suppose you could stick to ouzo or tsipouro !!!
September 02, 2009 02:10PM
personally i love trying the local foods/drinks its all part of your holiday,,,
i just don't go agree that i must not eat/drink items i get back in the UK..
September 03, 2009 07:58AM
I agree Brian its whatever you enjoy eating. Its nice to have such a variety to choose from. If you go to Thesalonica there is also a wide range of restaurants, Indian, Thai, Chinese because the Greeks dont just want to eat the same old greek food, Stifado, Mousaka and the like.

On the harbour in the city they have best fish and chip shop I have ever been to. It comes served on large white squares of paper with a few pickled chillies and skordhalia mmmmmmm, run by greeks and very popular.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login