holiday in halkidiki

holiday in halkidiki

Posted by Millychip 
holiday in halkidiki
July 28, 2009 01:40PM
I am travelling to halkidiki on thursday next week with my partner, we have never been before and we don't have a clue about anything.

could someone please give me some advice.

thanks

Milly
Re: holiday in halkidiki
July 28, 2009 01:53PM
What kind of advice would you like?!

Where are you staying? What do you want to do when you are there?
janet wallace
July 28, 2009 02:23PM
Hi milly we to are flying to halkidiki next thurs, I cant wait, im so looking forward to it. like you we have never been before. where you flying from and where you staying.

Janet x
July 28, 2009 02:33PM
hi janet,

we are flying from gatwick and we are staying in the sarantis hotel/apartments.

how about you?
Milly
July 28, 2009 02:35PM
um anything really, places to eat, things to do really
July 28, 2009 02:57PM
OK, Sarantis is in Hanioti - good choice. It will be very busy at this time of year as it is peak season for the Greeks who make up the majority of tourists in the area.

Hanioti has a long beach with a mixture of sand & shingle, it gets busy in the middle area so if you want a bit of peace & quiet just walk left or right for about 10 minutes, there are also lots of water sports available.

There is a good selection of shops, bars & restaurants based around the village square and up the side roads off the square. Popular lively bars are Kelfos & Sunshine (you can't miss them!).

If you want to venture out a bit then it is worth getting a bus or taxi to the neighbouring villages of Pefkohori and Polichrono, each village is a little different from the next. If you are brave enough then car hire is a good option as it gives you the freedom to explore, the roads are pretty good, although the drivers can be a bit crazy, especially in peak season when the roads get very busy.

Have a great time, I am very jealous - I still have 4.5 weeks til my next visit...
July 28, 2009 02:59PM
thats brilliant thank you very much for your help!!

have you stay in the hotel atall??
July 28, 2009 03:03PM
Hi Milly

No, I haven't stayed in that hotel, I always stay in Pefkohori, but this year a friend and I have bought our own place out there, which is very exciting.

We always visit Hanioti when we are there as it is only 5 mins down the road and we have lots of friends there.
July 29, 2009 11:13AM
could you please also help..... is halkidiki a good place for young people to stay in?
July 29, 2009 11:33AM
It really depends what you want from a holiday. It is mainly a couples & families place but there are also lots of young as well, but it is not like Faliraki / Ayia Napa / Kavos etc.

The scene is more bars & chilling out than clubbing & raving, although there are some clubs & lively bars.

If you want nightlife then Kelfos & Sunshine (as previously mentioned) are good - they have loud music, young staff & clientele and serve all sorts of cocktails & fishbowls.

If you want something a bit more laid back then there are more chill-out bars as well where you can sit back & watch the world go by.

You will find it is not full of young but a real mix of people, and the majority of people there are Greek or Serbian rather than English.
July 30, 2009 11:12AM
Hi Milly

I stayed in the Sarantis last year. The apartments are nice and clean and the pool is nice too. It's pretty quiet at night though and they like to shut the bar at 12. Next door is the Nerides, although I didn't go there it sounded like there was alot more going on and alot more livlier, they also do food, not sure what but definately breakfast. Like Carolinus said there are some nice bars down by the square. Long Island seems to be the most popular with the young ones, supposed to be the busiest bar in Halkidiki. There are some big clubs, I can't remember where they are but your rep will be able to tell you.
We stayed at the Naias this year. I took my 16yr old son and his friend. It's has a lovely pool and is right on the beach they also do nice food so if you get chance it's worth a visit. They also keep the bar open till your ready to leave, the lads were there till 5 one morning and the Greek night is fab.
I'm sure you'll have a great time in Hanioti, I love the place and can't wait to go back.

Have fun.

Carole
Eddie Mcintrye
July 30, 2009 11:31AM
Milly,

If you are looking for lively clubs/pubs for the young at heart then head to Kalithea. It's a fairyl short taxi ride away. They have a few nice clubs there but be warned they are fairly expensive!!

Weekends are when the clubs will be busy!
petros
July 30, 2009 12:25PM
like Eddie said, the big nightclubs are at kalithea , just before you enter the vilage, as you are coming from polichrono , hanioti kriopigi, just after the big hotels and bubbles.

there are 3 or 4 of them , AHOY one of them, STIGMA another , i am not sure about the others. i have not been there for a long time so you will have to ask which ones are Greek music orientated and which ones are English and American music orientated. If you get to youtube and put the names of the clubs you ll find many clips to get a taste.

They start at 1 am and finish around 6 in the morning especially Friday and Saturday they are very busy. Expensive relative to the bars yes but not more expensive than a normal nightclub you ll find in central London
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login