Prices at Polychrono

Prices at Polychrono

Posted by Tweddette 
Tweddette
Prices at Polychrono
July 21, 2009 10:57AM
Hi everyone

Just needing a little feedback from anyone who has been to Polychrono latley. What are the prices of food and drink like? Is it expensive. Can you name anywhere where do exceptionaly good offers? Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks all yawning smiley)

Me and my fella off there in September and can't wait!

xxx
teresa
Re: Prices at Polychrono
July 21, 2009 06:15PM
hi was in polychrono end of june for 10 days it was our first time and really enjoyed, eating and drinking was quite reasonable look around for happy hrs and offers in the resturants. try the gyros bars as they r plentyfull and delicous.Our fav was georges resturant that was very good on prices for food and wine and such fab staff.try nemos hotel for lunch fab salads and tosties.sunbeds r free if u use the bar and they serve the best cocktails iv ever tasted!! hope u find this usefull but im sure ull find plenty for yourselfs.i cant wait 2 go back.hav a good one regards polychrono fanxx
PS nemos is right down the end of the beach!
July 22, 2009 06:27AM
Tweddette

Beer prices vary quite a bit, for example a large beer in the Laska bar (on the sea front) is 3.50 walk a couple of hundred yards around the corner to the Three Lions and its 2.50 then go up the backstreets and its less tha 2.00 in the gyros places. Sprits are about 5 to 7 euros and cocktails 6 to 8 euros.

Food is good in Polichrono, been going 9 years and can say I've never had a bad meal. Get a good meal for 8 to 10 euros although as Teresa above says the gyros are good value. My evening meal one night was a gyro and a large beer 3.50, good value!

I'm sure you will enjoy Polichrono if its a laid back, relaxing holiday that you want. I'm sure like me and others you will keep going back.

Have a good one.

Ian
Iris
July 22, 2009 08:17AM
You will struggle to find a bad meal in Polychrono. Most places are really very nice and great value.

As Theresa and Ian have said, shop around for happy hour prices. Some places are cheaper than others.

If you fancy a cheap night then gyros is definately worth a try. Cheap and tasty!

Enjoy!!!!!!!!
July 22, 2009 11:14AM
I love the advice I'm reading here smiling smiley
you guys are great!

and what about the sea food, is there a place where they are specially delicious and great?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/07/2009 03:39PM by lush.
Iris
July 22, 2009 11:55AM
As most restauraunts are along the sea front, there are quite a few seafood tavernas. I visited and couple and they were both really good. I have no doubt that the others are just as good or even better!!

The seafood tavernas were always busy, which is a good sign because they must be busy for a reason!

Sample a few, i am sure you wont be disappointed! Wish i was going back sad smiley
July 22, 2009 04:37PM
Hi Lush

If you want nice seafood then i recommend a trip into Hanioti about 5 euros in a cab and go to Stork restaurant just off the main square, a full fish platter for 2 people cost us 25 euros including wine.
Or 5 euros cab ride the other way to Kriopigi and you will find some very nice tavernas in that village, try the Akropolis, food is great and saturday nights they do a special greek night, one not to be missed. Very reasonably priced too.

Steve........
July 22, 2009 06:48PM
Lush

The Nefeli on the sea front is good fro seafood although as Iris says all the restaurants are a good standard and reasonable prices.
July 22, 2009 08:01PM
aww thank you guys so much smiling smiley
have a nice day! smiling bouncing smiley
July 22, 2009 09:18PM
Lush

Try Gallinis on the front for seafood.

We often visit Acrogiali just off the sea front. Very reasonable, excellent food and not too over facing.

We are going back in August for another week, already been for 2 weeks.Where you staying. We stay at the Fanis. Superb and on the sea front.

ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY
July 22, 2009 10:35PM
I'm gonna write down all these tavernas and restaurants, so that I don't forget the names smiling smiley

I have never been to Polichrono [obviously] nor Halkidiki,
but we're off in seven days

our villa is number 6 on the map smiling smiley

I haven't noticed Fanis and Kostas in Serbian travel agency offers, but there are a whole lot of others. smiling smiley
[as could be seen on the map]

HAVE A WONDERFUL VACATION YOU GUYS smiling smiley

Can't wait to start takin' photos :superexcited:

smiling bouncing smiley

edit: wow, I have just seen the Fanis on the firstchoice.com, looks grrrrreat!
wish I was staying there but oh well. :/

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 25/07/2009 01:01AM by lush.
July 23, 2009 10:31AM
Lush

Here's some of the restaurants that I've used:-

Nefeli - its on the corner of the road to the right of the road marked number 9.

Akrogiali - its hundred yards up the road between the Nefeli and the Aypa.

Tulip and Georges - Georges is about 50 yards on the right up the road marked with number 9, the Tulip is about another 50 yards further on the left.

Flegra, Gallini and Viva are on the seafront to the left of number 9.

Capitanos Pizza/Pasta is up the sideroad by the Gallini.

Plenty of others around, enjoy discovering them.

Have agreat holiday.

Regards.

Ian
Tweddette
July 24, 2009 10:54AM
Thanks everyone.

So much appreciated.

7 and a bit weeks to go. Cant wait xx
Ladybirdmary
July 25, 2009 11:25AM
As Iaitch mentioned in Nefeli is good sea food but the staff is awful. The staff was very slow so rather don´t go there. smiling smiley
Have a nice holiday smiling bouncing smiley
p.s. we are going to Polychrono in mid August
July 25, 2009 11:14PM
wow Ian, this is wonderful, thank you for your time and help smiling smiley

thank you so much!

this time next week I'll be THERE :O
smiling bouncing smiley
August 23, 2009 11:33AM
Polichrono was nice but not quite for us.
but we were happy. FRES DONITES!
we loved cafe cafe, lemoni bakery and last but totally not least gyro planet!!!
people working there were awesome.

I'm guessing you all know this one:

our last morning... there's nothing as great as the beach early in the morning.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login