*OKEY DOKEY KARAOKE ANOUNCEMENT*

Posted by Mark & Kelly 
July 02, 2009 02:20PM
Hi All

Firstly, a happy holidays to everyone going to Halkidiki this year.
Okey Dokey are not at their usual venues this season due to the fact they are awaiting the birth of their second child!
Thankyou to everyone who has been in touch and we'd like to inform you not to worry we will be back next season 2010 and hope to see you all then.
In the meantime keep mithering Big Yannis at our Billys Bar Venue in Hanioti as he will be the top singer on the pennisular until we return. A big Hello to Dino & Sakis at Fanis & Emilios & Branco at Kelfos, get practising and see you all next easter.
Lots of Love Kelly, Mark & Leah x
Re: *OKEY DOKEY KARAOKE ANOUNCEMENT*
July 02, 2009 03:33PM
As we are staying in england this year as Kelly is now 4 months pregnant & cant travel due to sickness & also has scans & test planned for the next few months we are planning to move to Halkidiki on a permanent basis NEXT year around easter. We also have my uncle & family looking to do the same. Because of this we need to find 2 x 3bedroom houses with garden & parking but have no contacts as we have been away for a year. Is there anybody looking to rent their maisonette or do you know of anyone we can contact? We will be looking to rent for a minimum of 4 years & are looking for either Kriopigi or polichrono. Only requirement is for garden for our 3 year old daughter & parking with our car & equipment for karaoke etc...

Please send us your telephone number and email address if you can help us.

Hope to hear from someone soon...Many thanks in advance. Mark & Kelly xxx

Also, We are hoping to keep our regular nights in Billys Bar, Faniss bar/hotel & Kelfos, however, we would like to hear from anyone who needs karaoke/singing/discos & games at their hotel or bar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2009 03:34PM by Mark & Kelly.
dave starkey
July 10, 2009 11:53AM
Hi Kelly and Mark many congrats and best of luck with new baby to be, Lynda and I are going to Hanioti at the end of August hope to see you all next year and best of luck with your house hunting have you tried Halkidiki Homes Dimitris and Julie are great and very helpful. We are hoping to pack up here in the next 2/3 years and do the same as you move to Greece this country is dead see you soon
July 11, 2009 12:55AM
Heeeeeey!!! Hi you guys. How the bloody *** are ya both?

Great to hear from ya. We still have your number so we'll give you a bell if you fancy popping down to ours for a brew sometime. I keep singing Big 7 but it just aint the same :-)

I agree, Great Britain aint great anymore! Off to Greece we go. Soon as i add to my 4 word greek vocabulary!!

Chat soon. Us X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2009 07:14AM by Nikos.
July 12, 2009 10:42PM
Hi Mark & Kelly!

We are moving over on 29th July, so will keep an eye out for properties or try and find an agent etc and post on board for you!

Good Luck!

Jane & Jack

smileys with beer
July 13, 2009 11:42AM
Hi Jane & Jack

That would be appreciated. Its nice to hear from someone else mad enough to make the same move :-) We have done 6 months of each season but never fully moved so it should be interesting! Having been there for 5 years we managed to find 3 houses quite easily but its a lot harder by telephone than actually being there!! We've spoken to the agents & to be quite honest, if you arnt buying the houses to give them a good profit they fob you off about renting, even if their clients have specifically asked them to rent out the properties. Ah well.....We'll find something soon. Keep in touch & let us know how your move goes. All being well we'll come over for a short holiday in August sometime to see our good freinds & have a look for a house.

Thanks, Mark & Kelly x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/07/2009 11:44AM by Mark & Kelly.
July 13, 2009 12:58PM
Hi Mark and Kelly

Dimitris and Debbie at Halkidiki Homes are good contacts. But do a winter over in Halkidiki before you decide to move lock stock. If you can make enough money through the summer to survive a winter all well and good.
July 14, 2009 12:31PM
joanne
Hi Mark and Kelly

Dimitris and Debbie at Halkidiki Homes are good contacts. But do a winter over in Halkidiki before you decide to move lock stock. If you can make enough money through the summer to survive a winter all well and good.

Yeeay! Thanks for the words of encouragment Jo!! It cant be any worse than sh1tty England can it? After being advised by freinds & family living in Halkidiki for the last 5 years we've organised something for us to do over winter. We'll also have several members of my family living close by (Some of them are there now which is reassuring).

Let us know where you are, maybe we could meet up & pick your brains.

Mark & Kelly x
jo b
July 20, 2009 09:54AM
hey hey u guy hows you doin lol good luck with the baby and house hunting, we hoping to go back for 3 weeks next year staying at hanioti village again had a great time again this year strugglin to get 3 week flights though lol see you all soon xx jo x
July 20, 2009 12:28PM
Hi Jo b

Have you tried just booking a flight with BA or Easyjet or even Thomson flight and then booking a room direct with the boys at Hanioti Village Hotel like we have done for the past three years? Haven't been lucky enough to stay for 3 weeks but have managed 18 days. Can only do 2 weeks this year so going with Thomson at the end of August (12th time).

Regards
Vanessa
July 22, 2009 05:02PM
Hi there we are going to be staying at the Hanioti Village Hotel end of August just for a week tho. Booked ours online through thomson site! looks great. Really looking forward to it. Encouraging to know you have been there so many times!
regards
vanessa and colin.
July 23, 2009 01:59AM
Mark & Kelly
Heeeeeey!!! Hi you guys. How the bloody *** are ya both?

Great to hear from ya. We still have your number so we'll give you a bell if you fancy popping down to ours for a brew sometime. I keep singing Big 7 but it just aint the same :-)

I agree, Great Britain aint great anymore! Off to Greece we go. Soon as i add to my 4 word greek vocabulary!!

Chat soon. Us X

Eh up!! I got edited there!! Am i not allowed to say hell then? I didnt swear....promise! LOL hot smiley
steve and maureen
March 11, 2010 07:52PM
hi we have seen you a few times in billys bar we are over in hanioti july 17 for 7 days we are like you looking to rent some were on a long term lease if you want i will chat with you in july and you can tell me how the house hunting went for u and am hoping to be living their within the next year thanks steve and maureen
March 14, 2010 07:53PM
steve and maureen
hi we have seen you a few times in billys bar we are over in hanioti july 17 for 7 days we are like you looking to rent some were on a long term lease if you want i will chat with you in july and you can tell me how the house hunting went for u and am hoping to be living their within the next year thanks steve and maureen

Hi Steve & maureen

Our house hunting turned into a right mission! Only now are we ready to finalise a contract to start in May this year. Send us a Private message & we will tell you exactly who to go through and more importantly who NOT to use.

This will be our 4th house in Halkidiki & gotta say we have learned so much about how things are done.

Look forward to meeting you both again. You'll find us in Billys bar (halkidiki) on Sat & Sun nights, Or Kelfos (hanioti) on Thursdays. We hope to be doing one or two nights in Kriopigi but prob see you at Billys.

Chat soon.. Us smileys with beer
steve and maureen
March 18, 2010 06:30PM
well looking forward to seeing u we will be in billys sat 17 july or sun18 july and u can tell me about your house hunting in halkdiki we still dont know if to see about buying or renting big step to take leaving ever thing you have in england for a new life so have u gave up everthing in england or have u keeped it on till u go back
steve and maureen
March 18, 2010 06:39PM
steve and maureen
well looking forward to seeing u we will be in billys sat 17 july or sun18 july and u can tell me about your house hunting in halkdiki we still dont know if to see about buying or renting big step to take leaving ever thing you have in england for a new life so have u gave up everthing in england or have u keeped it on till u go back
do you think their is any work for a middle age couple in the resorts out their
Lauren
March 18, 2010 07:41PM
I work as a rep for TUI( Thomson/ First Choice) in Hanioti. TUI are usually looking for transfer reps in the height of season. smiling smiley. Also Mark and Kelly im real glad ur comin back this season. I have never met you, but worked last summer in Hanioti and the reps from previous year said your karaoke nights were always good. Will be something to tell the guests about because there was a bit of a gap in entertainment last year. Can't wait to get back smiling smiley xx
March 19, 2010 12:19AM
Lauren
I work as a rep for TUI( Thomson/ First Choice) in Hanioti. TUI are usually looking for transfer reps in the height of season. smiling smiley. Also Mark and Kelly im real glad ur comin back this season. I have never met you, but worked last summer in Hanioti and the reps from previous year said your karaoke nights were always good. Will be something to tell the guests about because there was a bit of a gap in entertainment last year. Can't wait to get back smiling smiley xx

Hi Lauren

Thank you for a lovely message. We have to say that although its been great having our new baby girl we did miss Halkidiki last year. From the messages of support & well wishers we received its heartwarming to know that lots of people remembered & missed us too!

It would be great if you could tell your guests to come & meet us. If you know any of the hotels that would be interested in a karaoke night please let us know, we have 4 or 5 nights already booked in every week at regular venues but could always squeeze in 1 or 2 more!!

If you send us a private message with your contact numbers and the hotels you will be working at we would love to get in touch with you when we get there. Also you are welcome to come & have a drink with us at our new home there or at the bars or both! Its always nice to make new freinds in & out of work.

Take care for now & we will see you very soon.

Mark & Kelly (Okey dokey karaoke...Great name eh?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
March 20, 2010 01:22PM
Hi again.
Yes i will deffo tell the guests about ur nites and i will most prob b there myself a couple of nites as I love karaoke lol. Will b lovely to meet. Not sure if you remember any of the reps from before but I lived with Kerry and Ryan last year and they knew you. Kerry will be back this year too. Long island had a karaoke nite for a few weeks in June but it stopped and I think Vasilis was lookin 4 some1 else? I have set up an account on here now so u can message me. Not entirely sure what hotels il have this year, but im hoping il get the Lesse as 1 as I had that last year and love it smiling smiley xx
March 20, 2010 02:03PM
Hi Lauren

yeah we remember Kerry, Ryan & all the others! It was great to see them enjoying the nights at Kelfos. Billys Bar in Hanioti is also a great weekend though, we have the Karaoke on Saturday & the all english quiz night with Play your cards right on Sunday. You'll have to get the gang down for that..Its great fun! (and a chance to get drunk!)

We saw Vasilis already at Long island bar but he wanted to pay peanuts so i imagine he got a monkey to do his karaoke, We tried to explain that we were professional AND a duo so he was getting 2 people for the price of one but he wouldnt go for it... We might try again this year though as we have 1 or 2 nights free to fill.

Will send you a PM when the time to leave gets closer. We are expecting to be there and start work on 13th May so cant wait now..getting excited.

Chat soon

Mark
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login