Pefkohori

Pefkohori

Posted by Alan B 
Alan B
Pefkohori
June 28, 2009 12:03PM
Hiya

Staying in pefkohori in august at the aellos apartments, was just wondering if anyone could suggest places to eat, bars, things to do etc in the surrounding area? We will be either on foot or using public transport and are in our 20`s.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alan
Re: Pefkohori
July 02, 2009 07:24AM
Hello Alan,

If you are staying at Aeollos then you will find that themis also has a menu within the hotel and normally has a bbq once a week. His T Bone steaks are the best!! If you come out of the hotel and head to the sea front there is a place called bakalis which also has a good menu and you can just sit and relax looking out to sea. If you wander up to the old village square there is also a place called maki's which is a more down to earth old style taverna and opposite to that is Pauls place which also has a food menu. A good cheap meal is also found at the fountain which is on the main road next to Mama's they serve Gyros and a good range of other tasty meals such as souvlaki etc. Xenios which is on the front not far from the pier is a great place to go for a drink and relax.
July 03, 2009 12:18PM
Walk into Hanioti one evening - much livelier. Taxi costs 6 euros. Also in the old square in Pefkohori is "Thomas Tavern" - we loved it there, very greek - we had 2 pints of draught Amstel, and a sharing (variety) plate of souvlaki, rice, and can't remember what else - all for just €11 - but they charged another couple more than that for the same thing the next night!

Enjoy your holiday
July 03, 2009 02:50PM
You will find everywhere pretty lively in August as it is peak season, although there are more Brits in Hanioti if that is what you prefer.

Aeollos are lovely apartments in a great location. If you walk down the the beach and turn right there are some lovely beach bars which are buzzing in the day (buy a drink and you get to use the sunbeds for free) and chill-out bars by night. If you turn left there are loads of bars and restaurants, a couple of my favorurites are Tsapari which is a fish taverna, 2nd on the left after you come onto the promenade, and Psaraki which is a bit further along just after the Fashion Cafe.

The most lively bars in Hanioti are Kelfos (on the square) and Sunshine (just up from the square behind Kelfos), there are also lots of other nice bars & tavernas, and some good shops in Hanioti.

If you just wander round the villages you will find all sorts of places to choose from, the Greeks tend to go out late, eating anytime from 9pm onwards, and drinking from about midnight, and you will find the villages get much busier at the weekends when the Greeks come down from Thessaloniki.

Have a fab time - I'm off there tomorrow - can't wait!
July 05, 2009 09:05PM
hello,

pauls place in the square is a good place to go for a drink and maybe something to eat and relax.
capri is a good place for pizzas they are really big and defo worth the 11Euros!!!!
captains also on the main road near capri does lovely food and is run by an english girl,who is very friendly,we ate in there most nights and they made us feel very welcome!!
if u fancy a change from the village,hanioti is the next town and is good for a night out!!
hope this is helpful to you.

have a fab hol.pefkohori is a great place!!xx
July 06, 2009 11:11AM
HI

If you go to Hanioti, Call into Billys Bar & see Yannis & dimitris who run it. You'll find some good old fashioned rock 'n' roll music and they do great cocktails too!! Yannis is the tall fella who speaks with a great 'Geordie' accent despite NEVER leaving Greece!! He'll make you feel welcome.

Kelfos gets mad busy late on at night but theres always a buzz so enjoy!!

x
bill skg
July 12, 2009 10:50AM
makis traditional tavern in the old square is the place to eat!! everything is home made its just the ultimate Greek traditional meal !!! you can have steaks and hamburgers all over the world but home made recipes in just very few places try it out and you shall be rewarded with a gastronomical orgasm ;-)
bill skg
July 12, 2009 10:52AM
bill skg
makis traditional tavern in the old square is the place to eat!! everything is home made its just the ultimate Greek traditional meal !!! you can have steaks and hamburgers all over the world but home made recipes in just very few places try it out and you shall be rewarded with a gastronomical orgasm ;-)

i forgot to inform you that you will be surprised how economical your meal will be compared to other places in pefko ...
July 13, 2009 10:07AM
i have to disagree with u there,we went into makis once and the food was fried and greasy but the family were friendly!!!we did go to pauls across the way and tried one of his famous homemade burgers!!!yum!!!also i would say the most gastronomical meal we had was at captains!!!
just my opinion though!!xx
mitobekasake
July 13, 2009 03:09PM
Coming on 21st of July to Pefkohori for 10 days. We're 6 people and are wondering where we can go the days and the nights, are there any nice clubs in the near of? I was in Pefkohori 4-5 years ago and I remember everything was full with bars and stuff, but I didn't see too many Clubs around. Nonoclub still existing?

Does maybe even someone know the prices for taxi to get to the clubs around? Read about ahoy club and Boutique Dance Stage - are those still existing? If you have some suggestions what we shouldn't miss out please tell us =)

Anyone else of you guys there in this time?

Greetings from Germany
July 13, 2009 09:15PM
hi

yeh nono's club still there hasnt been to busy yet apart from the weekends when the greeks r down but by the time u arrive the place will be in full swing especially on the weekends!!!!
also the nightclubs in kallithea are still there ahoy,stigma and some others,i would think with 6 of u going it will be better for u to buy a bottle of something rather than rounds as the drinks are about 10e each!!!whereas for a bottle its about 100e and u get all ur mixers and fruit!!!not sure how much taxis are i have just asked some other locals and they think about 25e one way!!x
mitobekasake
July 13, 2009 09:35PM
awesome, thank you very much for the info, appreciate it really! Looking forward to meet nice people there! Anyone else there in this timeframe?

We just can't wait anymore!

greets
July 14, 2009 07:57AM
Hi Kate thanks for a wonderfull hospitality fantastic food. Has Emma had the baby yet ? Also do you have an Email address for the Tulip clothes shop in the old square please. Hope to see you all soon.
July 14, 2009 01:58PM
emma not had the baby yet but shouldnt be to long now,some time this week!!!
claudine does have an email address i shall ask her and give it to u,dont tell me ur wife wants to try and buy more stuff!!!didnt she get enough shoes!!lol

how is it being back in the lovely uk???haha
xx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login