Greek Night at Acropolis Taverna....Stunning!

Posted by JaneSeymour 
June 20, 2009 09:39PM
Hi All

We have just come home from the Greek Night at Acropolis Taverna in Kriopigi, and I have to say it is the best night I have had in the 23 years of going to Greek Nights! the food stunning! the entertainment, dancing and music also fabulous! A great big thanks to Sakis the owner for a fantastic night! if you get the chance to go don't miss it! Even our nearly 2yr old was thoroughly entertained the whole night.

We'll be back in August! woo hoo!

smileys with beer
Re: Greek Night at Acropolis Taverna....Stunning!
June 30, 2009 04:47PM
Hello Jane

That must have been the Greek Night that we met, I remember your son having such a great time and hope he didnt break too many plates when you got up the next morning, we all remembered him so well and was often talked about while we was there, we came home yesterday and had a second night with Sakis last saturday which was also fantastic, it was nice to meet you and put faces to names.

Steve....
Hev
July 01, 2009 08:01AM
Hi,

We are off to Halikidiki on Monday and i have just pre-booked our table for the greek night at Acropolis......cant wait!
We are staying in Polichrono so hopefully we will be able to get a taxi ok?

Hev
Kev
July 01, 2009 08:51PM
Hi Nev
How did you pre book the Greek night???
July 01, 2009 09:26PM
Hi Steve!

Great to see you in person! lucky for us our son hasn't attempted any plate smashing at home yet! We are back for good end of this month and will be taking all of the kids! however the others kids will be trying out the metaxa competition i expect!!! there all much older!

When ever you are back post on board and maybe see you again!

smileys with beer

Jane
hev
July 02, 2009 03:38PM
Hi,

I emailed the Sakis at the restaurant sales@kriopigi.net

Take a look at their website [kriopigicars.net]
hev
July 02, 2009 03:44PM
Forgot to say, if you print off Sakis weather report post you get a free litre of wine at the greek night this month! lol
July 09, 2009 08:52PM
Hi Jane

How lucky you are, you must be getting ready to go now and getting excited, have you bought a place out
there or are you renting? What are you and your husband going to do when you get out there? Sorry if I sound nosey but im just interested as I have often wanted to do the same thing but never know where to start, I would love to know what your plans are, Im sure we will be out there again sometime and it would be nice to meet,

Steve.......
July 12, 2009 10:40PM
Hi Steve

We are renting it is so much cheaper at the moment, we have got a place just out side Halkidiki as the rent is good, then if we like it we will look to buy a place.

I will be commuting to UK to work, it sounds daunting but my money is good and it suits us. My husband is to become a ' house husband ' ( lucky soul!) so he will look after our little one and do some odd jobs if he can get any work.

We are just packing up at the moment, removal company coming on 21st so we'll be sleeping on the floor till 29th! LOL small price to pay!!

Hope to see you again sometime!

Jane

smileys with beer
July 23, 2009 09:18AM
Sakis,

Can you please tell me how much your Greek night is?

I've heard such wonderful reports of it and my friend adn I are thinking of coming along when we come to Hanioti in September. Also, what time does it start and finish?

Thanks

Lisa
July 24, 2009 10:23AM
Dear figaro.
Thank you very much for being interested in our Greek Night.
Please be so kind to read the text follows so You can get an idea iof what happening in the 'AKROPOLIS' Restaurant Kriopigi,
every Saturday, for the past 30 years!!
We would love to see you in our restaurant and offer you a free litre of wine!!
--------------------------------------------------------

Greek dancing
Plate smashing
Bouzouki music LIVE!
Eat, Drink & Dance Like a Greek !! smileys with beer

Reservations are now being taken for a ‘GREEK NIGHT’ in the “AKROPOLIS” restaurant
at KRIOPIGI this SATURDAY !
-Greek nights in the “AKROPOLIS” restaurant are some of the liveliest nights and not to be missed !!
-The music and the dancing make it hard for anyone to sit still. The ‘Manolas’ Family and staff of the “AKROPOLIS” restaurant welcome you with a complimentary Ouzo on arrival, followed with, free ‘METAXA’, the famous Greek Brandy, in a ....as much as you can drink basis !!
- Bring your Family and Friends, to enjoy fantastic Greek Food, join the dancing to the sounds of our live,
BOUZOUKI music and watch the traditional plate smashing !!
-Why suffer a long and expensive coach journey when it’s right here on your door step !!
-On our ‘Greek Night’, we keep our excellent, food and drinks prices, the same as any other day of the week
but due to the large number of guests, our Greek Night Menu is slightly limited (but still, not a set menu!).
- You can choose from a great variety of Greek Starters, Grilled and Oven cooked Main Dishes as well as
Vegetarian Dishes, all freshly prepared and cooked with great care, from our family and staff, to suit every ones taste.
- A special care has been also taken for our young friends !!
- You may book direct with us into the restaurant,
by email on: sales@kriopigi.net
or please call us on: 2374051161
Discover “AKROPOLIS” and you’ll discover a venue, where you can enjoy a Truly Greek Night Out !!
‘GREEK NIGHT’ IN THE “AKROPOLIS” RESTAURANT:
GREAT FOOD, EFFICIENT SERVICE, EXCELLENT PRICES !!

STARTS at 20.00 hrs ALL WELCOME !!
PC: 63077 KRIOPIGI - HALKIDIKI - GREECE
TEL: (0030) 23740 51161 MOBsad smiley0030) 6979914411

You are more than welcome.
Yiammasssssssss!!!!!!!!!!! smileys with beer
Sakis and family “Manolas”
www.kriopigi.net and www.kriopigicars.net

July 25, 2009 12:24AM
Hi Figaro

In short there is no fixed price just great food!!! best swordfish I ever had ( my compliments to the chef!!) Like I said earlier having been going to Greece ( all over ) for the last 23yrs this night has to be the best Greek Night for the following reasons; no huge excursions to the venue, small family taverna with great staff! fantastic chef! great entertainment by some Greek bloke called Sakis ( hahaha!!)

The prices are what you would expect to pay if you were eating out in any Taverna in a tourist resort, the difference being you actually get your moneys worth here! ( and free metaxa, depending on the size of your mouth! hehe )

I honestly don't know how Sakis manages to keep up every Saturday night! BRAVO!! to Sakis x x x

Have a wonderful time, it's worth it!

Jane smileys with beer
July 26, 2009 10:38AM
Thank you Jane very much !! smileys with beer
Sakis and family 'Manolas'
www.kriopigi.net
July 26, 2009 03:55PM
Hello Jane,

The time is really moving along now, thursday and you start your new life in greece, I am so jealous but I wish you and your husband all the best for your new venture, we were hoping to get out there again in september but due to work commitments it is looking very unlikely now. I really dont know how you could leave this wonderful summer of ours lol.
Still once again all the best and hope to see you out there sometime in the future.

Steve.......

PS Give my regards to Sakis when you see him.
July 27, 2009 12:32PM
Jane,

Thanks for your recommendations. I have talked to my friend and we are definitely going to go to the Greek night at the Acropolis, we are really looking forward to it!

Sakis, we will be booking up with you before we come to make sure we get good seats!

We are coming to Hanioti at the beginning of September, and are counting down the days. We love the area, having been quite a few times now between us.

See you at the beginning of September! Please ask Mr Sunshine to stay for us! lol

Lisa
Amanda Piper
July 31, 2009 01:37PM
I would just like to agree with everyones comments here . i have been going to greece for the past 5 years to the same place and every saturday without fail you can expect an amazing night here !! .. The food is amazingg , And halkidikik would not be the same without Sakiss !!
Sakis we will see you on the 15th .. Cannot wait !! xx
August 05, 2009 08:45PM
Dear Lisa spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Thank you very much and looking forward meeting you on our Greek Night.
Don't forget A lit of wine is waiting for you in the' Akropolis' Just choose the colour !!! lol
Yiammas with a real cold mythos smileys with beer
Kind regards
Sakis and Family Manolas
xxxxxx

Dear Amanda.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Thank you \ very much for your nice comments
Looking forward seeing you again on the 15th August
Don't forget A lit of wine is waiting for you in the' Akropolis' Just choose the colour !!! lol as well

Yiammas with a real cold mythos smileys with beer
Kind regards
Sakis and Family Manolas
xxxxxx

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2009 04:22AM by sakis.
August 09, 2009 04:24PM
Yiammas WITH A COLD 'MYTHOS' or two!! smileys with beer
Sakis from the:
'AKROPOLIS' Restaurant and
'KRIOPIGI CARS' Rent a car in Kriopigi.
www.kriopigi.net

ps
richie, figaro, alanapp, raynor , jane , amanda, lisa , hev, Mrsteve, and all of you !!
Yiammas and Thank you ALL very much for your Support !! smileys with beer
August 18, 2009 09:14AM
Sakis,

Could I please book a table for 2 people for Saturday 5 September for the Greek Night?

Thanks

Lisa (Figaro)

We will be coming by taxi from Hanioti.
August 18, 2009 03:16PM
Dear Lisa ( figaro)
Thank you very much for your reservation !! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Please make sure that you are coming , Thirsty, Hungry, and NOT TIRED !!! LOL.\
Make sure to print this email and have a copy with you when you come to the restaurant to receive your Free Litre of a House Wine ( red or white!) as a special bonus from us for your early booking!!
We wish you a safe flight and a great Holiday in Halkidiki and we are looking forward meeting you.
Best regards from:
Sakis, Margareta, Yiannis, Eleni, Loukas, Marina Manolas and the Staff of the ‘AKROPOLIS’ , Kriopigi.
Yiammas smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login