Just a few quetions please

Just a few quetions please spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by chrisdaguru 
Just a few quetions please spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
June 05, 2009 09:02PM
Hi ,
Myself and my Girlfriend will be on holiday in Polichrono from 25th of this month,for 2 weeks,1 with another couple and 1 by ourselves.Myself and my girlfriend both like snorkeling and were wondering if there is any good spots around? and how much is a pint of mythos?! 8).Staying at the Royal Kostas apartments and have read pretty decent reviews,anyone stayed there?
any info about the questions above would be most helpful ,

many thanks
Chris
Re: Just a few quetions please spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
June 06, 2009 06:09AM
Chris

Can't help re the snorkelling but beers in Polichrono vary from 1.80 to 3 euros depending on where you drink. Last year a pint of Mythos was 2 euros in the Three Lions pub

Royal Kostas are nice apartments about 5 minutes walk to the beach. They have a small pool, bar which serves snacks and a weekly bbq.

Have a good one.

Ian
June 06, 2009 11:01AM
Hello Chris

Not sure about snorkling but I know Chorouso Beach about 20 minutes south in a car from where you are staying is nice and clear and away from the beach to the right hand side there are rocks you can swim round, I have just had a email from a good friend of mine (Sakis of The Akropolis Restaurant in Kriopigi) That his prices are the same as last year ie 1.80 half litre of Mythos which in our langauge is a pint, 4.10 Litre of house wine and I know that the wine is very good,so still very reasonable there, he also said alot of places had kept prices down this year but you will have to look around as there are some that will still cash in. If you get a chance go to one of his saturday night greek nights they are absolutley brilliant, I myself is going to be out there from the 15th and will be doing both his Greek nights on the saturdays we are there.His food is very reasonably priced as well and excellent. Maybe see you on the Greek night of the 27th.

Yiamas
Steve smileys with beer

PS book as it gets very busy..
June 06, 2009 11:37AM
Hi, if you are taking your own snorkels try Loutra at the end of Kassandra peninsula. If you park at Villa Stasa (also a great place to eat, where you find mostly Greeks eat there, huge portions and good prices).

Park in their car park, go down the steps towards the sea, there is also a cafe bar halfway down shaped like the bow of a boat. At the bottom you can swim off the rocks and we have done it in the past. Lots of nice rocks to swim round, but be careful not to touch some of them where there are sea urchins, my hubby got urchined last time! If you eat at Villa Stasa this overlooks the sea here with marvellous views and you often see a few people snorkelling. But having said that, it is not overcrowded by any means. You can also get down to another part of this coastline by driving down one of the roads through Loutra and parking and walking a few metres.

Hope that helps. I have also snorkelled in the past at Pefkochori, but it gets very busy there in the summer months so it probably best early and late season.

Mythos and Amstel varies between 1.50 and 3.50 a half litre in our experience. The cheaper ones are often at tavernas - where you are quite welcome to just have a drink - and the dearer ones are mostly by the seaside and at designated bars and cafe bars (at Siviris you can sit by the sea near the jetty at Diamandis fish taverna and have a beer for 2 euros).

Have a great time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login