transfers

transfers

Posted by alnsal 
transfers
June 04, 2009 05:24AM
Hi
Am asking for help regarding transfers fromThessaloniki Port to Afitos
Has anyone got any ideas regarding the cost and the best way to do it? Also how long? I seem to remember Airport to Polychrono was about 1 hour 40 minutes but may be wrong
We will be responsible for our own transfers from the first part of our holiday to Afitos and return
Many thanks
Alan & Sally
Re: transfers
June 04, 2009 07:37PM
Hello Alan and Sally,

I am a taxi driver from Thessaloniki.
If you need a taxi transfer from Thessaloniki port to Afitos it costs 80 euros, one way. My website is www.thetaxi.gr
It takes 1 hour from the port to Afitos.
Another option is to get to KTEL ( bus station ) to Halkidiki and take a bus to Afitos. I don't know the exact cost but it is cheaper than a taxi.

Regards
Greg
June 05, 2009 09:19AM
Hi Alan and Sally,
- Getting to Aphitos by Taxi:
The taxi transfer to Aphitos is a good option as Greg pointed.

- Getting to Aphitos by bus from the airport:
- Unfortunately, there is not a directly city - bus-line from the Macedonia airport to the ‘Halkidiki Bus Sation” ( which is about 4-5 kms away). Saying that you do can go to the ‘Halkidiki Bus Sation” on the bus but you have to change on two different city – bus – lines. That means, it will take you longer to find the bus-station than your flight took !!!
- You may to take a Taxi (there are always taxis waiting just outside the airports arrival hall 24 hrs ), to the Halkidiki bus station apr. 6.00 – 7.00 euros plus the extra cost of the airport tax makes the total 9.00 – 10.00 euros, maximum. - Once you get to the ‘Halkidiki Bus Sation” you have to buy your tickets inside the bus stop. Tickets to Aphitos are at the moment 7.80 euro one way. They only accept cash( no credit cards) and busses to Aphitos are going on the hour every 2 hours. It takes aprox. 1.40 min – 1.50 min, depended on the traffic and all the stops they have to do in each village. The bus, stops, outside Aphitos, on the main road, from where you have to find and to walk to your accommodation/hotel.

- Getting to Aphitos with a Hire Car from the airport:
There is nothing easier to get you to Aphitos from the airport with a Hired Car. There is only one road , most of it motorway and takes you only 50 - 55 min . A car for a week is about 210.00 euros, depended on size and the model, can be delivered/drop it to the airport with a small charge or we can meet you at the airport, drive you to Aphitos and give you the car there.

I hope this is a bit of help.
If you want more details, please drop me a line on sales@kriopigi.net
Regards
Sakis
June 06, 2009 05:38AM
many thanks for the responses
We will make a decision over the next week
Once again thanks
Alan & Sally
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login